Lightroom Plugin & Marked for Re-Publish

LinuxHack3rLinuxHack3r Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins

So I've seen this issue before but it seems to have happened again for me so I'm inquiring to see if others have seen this and whether it is something that I am doing that I haven't thought of.

I have thousands of photos spread across multiple galleries that I've uploaded to SmugMug via Lightroom. Typically, I'll edit a whole gallery's worth of photos and then upload them. After that, I generally do not touch them again. However, sometimes (often months or years later), it's like every single one of my SmugMug photos gets marked for "Modified Photos to Re-Publish". It's as if I made a small Develop change to all of my photos and essentially Lightroom wants me to Re-Publish all of my SmugMug galleries.

The thing is, when I check the Develop tab for any photos marked for Re-Publish, it shows in the History section the date I last Published it as the last edit. Example, right now a gallery shows to be Re-Published but the photos within the gallery haven't been changed and the history shows 8/10/2021 as when they were Published with no newer Develops.

Is this something to do with how Lightroom works, the SmugMug Plugin, or something I'm inadvertently doing?

However, I like having confidence that everything I want published to be published, meaning just in case at some point I made a change and forgot about it, I like having everything 100% "Up to Date" so to say so the only fix I currently know is Re-Publishing everything to be safe.

Comments

• JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins

Thank you for publishing the link. This has been an on-going annoyance to me and others on Dgrin. The link doesn't really change anything -- I just re-mark or re-publish like everyone else -- but it's nice to know the underlying issue.

Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com
  • Jeffrey FriedlJeffrey Friedl Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins

This is a bug in Lightroom. Nothing the developer can do )-:

• bmetaylorbmetaylor Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins

Disappointing that this keeps happening. I have a large number of published photos under several folders within a large number of galleries. I don't have the time to deal with constantly checking or even working through each individual gallery to manually mark as up to date. This will likely lead to me looking for a hosting solution unfortunately.

• jdjdjdjdjdjd Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins

Another "thank you" for the link to the explanation. I usually republish the photos, but it's not really necessary to do so.