The Beauty and the Beast

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
edited January 31, 2023 in Other Cool Shots

The Beauty. In the 1930's, the French auto industry produced some of the most beautiful cars ever made. The car shown here....a 1937 Talbot Lago T-150-C ( SS )....is often considered to be the most beautiful of them all. It's thought that only 10 of these cars were made during 1937 and 1938.

1 )

2 )

3 )

4 )

5 )

6 )

The Beast. This is a Shelby Cobra Daytona. It is the car that proved that the Shelby organization belonged at the forefront in international racing.

7 )

8 )

9 )

10 )

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

The blue one is so pretty! Yeah I want that one!

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Wow...the1937 Talbot Lago T-150-C!

Tom, do you know what that would have cost in 1937? Must have been a limited market with that amount of francs to put toward buying a car.

Sweet ride I suspect, none-the-less. One beauty of a car.

Thanks for posting these classics.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Great cars. I always enjoy the background info.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    The blue one is so pretty! Yeah I want that one!

I'd let that one in my garage too. I'd like to know what that thing is valued at now.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

@El Gato said:
    Wow...the1937 Talbot Lago T-150-C!

Tom, do you know what that would have cost in 1937? Must have been a limited market with that amount of francs to put toward buying a car.

Sweet ride I suspect, none-the-less. One beauty of a car.

Thanks for posting these classics.

That one, Al, has always been a favorite of mine. I tried to find what it sold for new...no luck yet.

@Juano said:
    Great cars. I always enjoy the background info.

I hope you're doing well, my friend.