First attempt at my own cave paintings

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2023

I love this, Cristobal. It's creative in every respect.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Except for the second figure, they all resemble petroglyphs I've seen, although yours would probably be called pictographs. Interesting idea!

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Thanks Tom and Don. You are right Don, I went online to get ideas and picked some figures that were at my drawing level :), I practiced a few times and drew these with markers. I took a picture with my phone and blended it with other pics to add color into the drawings and texture to the background. It was a fun project!

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Hits you like million bricks! This is stunning!

@Stumblebum said:
    Hits you like million bricks! This is stunning!

Thanks Taz!

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

I love these. The forms are different from the cave paintings I've seen in France but they have the same color quality that I experienced, and you have given us a good idea of the texture of the stone. Great work!

Many thanks Sara! Good to see you around here.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Cristóbal

As always, creative, artistic, different in that your images really make one think and look more deeply into the image.

The colors work well and I love the mosaic look that come through the figures.

Look forward to seeing more of your creative work in 2023.

Thanks Gato

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Cristóbal....

If you are interested in receiving photos of petroglyphs, just let me know.

I have assembled a handful of petroglyph photos that I have taken in Colorado, New Mexico, Hawaii, Utah, Missouri and at leas one or two other places. I would be happy to email you copies of the image files. Just let me know and I will rummage through the photo archive backup drive and find them.