Options

Fong's "Photojounalist"

Trish323Trish323 Registered Users Posts: 908 Major grins
edited December 16, 2005 in Technique
All I can say is "WOW"! I got my new nikon SB800 yesterday, plopped on the new Gary Fong Lightsphere "Photojournalist" and I am thrilled with how it performs. Using it removes the need for a flash bracket, so less weight on the camera.

If you haven't seen this new lightsphere yet check it out at: http://secure.mycart.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=4282948&showprevnext=1

It is one piece and made of a more pliable plastic than the original "Lightsphere II". I am so excited to have this for the holidays..I will have all of my family home this year!! so I am hoping for some wonderful Christmas morning shots.

Comments

• Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 16, 2005
    I agree whole heartedly with you on this. I got mine at the end of last week. I did not have an opportunity to use it until Monday night. I had to shoot some photos of rescue equipment for a presentation at the local fire department. Quarters were tight in some spots as it was too cold to pull the trucks out of the building. Normally these photos would have been a challenge to prevent over exposure due to being so close to the subject.

I slapped on the photojournalist and never had a problem. I took it off and on several times to test the results. The comparisons were so bad that I deleted them on the camera. I ended up with photos that were rich in color, very little shadow, and exposed properly. The shiny surfaces of chrome and similar materials did not blowout like they have in the past.

All I can say is cool. This weekend is our formal Christmas party at work. I plan on taking the photojournalist to test out the bounce on high ceilings as recommended by Gary.

I cannot wait for Gary to release the inverted dome accessory for this unit.

Doc
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2005
    Seen and talked to a guy at the conservatory using this on a 550EX with good results.
    Guess it's time to stuff something else in my camera bag :D

Thanks Trish
    And let see some photos with it

Fred