City layers

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,880 Major grins

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2023

That's an interesting piece of work, my friend. The more I look at it, the more I like it. A strong imagination is at work here. The technique of using light and dark areas to create illusions is effective.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,880 Major grins

Thanks Tom. The background is a wall with peeling paint, the shadows are true shadows of the paint peeling off.

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,829 Major grins

I find this very interesting. I'm enjoying looking at the details of the city and how they interplay with the shadows and peeling paint. What city is this? With a really big aqueduct going right through th middle of it?? Cool. Love the monochromatic/outline treatment. Not quite sure if the square crop works for me.

edited March 8, 2023

You got me here, Cristóbal. I see areas where the paint has pulled back creating the shadow....yet the part of the scene that has peeled back ( to create the shadow ) continues on into the shadowed area with no interruption. ?????

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

@sarasphotos said:
    I find this very interesting. I'm enjoying looking at the details of the city and how they interplay with the shadows and peeling paint. What city is this? With a really big aqueduct going right through th middle of it?? Cool. Love the monochromatic/outline treatment. Not quite sure if the square crop works for me.

Thanks Sara, the city is Zacatecas in Mexico, still has a beautiful aqueduct and colonial buildings.

@black mamba said:
    You got me here, Cristóbal. I see areas where the paint has pulled back creating the shadow....yet the part of the scene that has peeled back ( to create the shadow ) continues on into the shadowed area with no interruption. ?????

Tom, I don't have the skills to do more sophisticated stuff.

@Juano said:

@black mamba said:

Tom, I don't have the skills to do more sophisticated stuff.

Hell, Cristóbal, I'm going to blame my perceptions in this case on some bad tequila. I hope I'll be OK in the morning. B)

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Wow

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Cristóbal...

Top shelf!

A sharp eye...resulting in a very creative, innovative and interesting image.

Well done!

@El Gato said:
    Cristóbal...

Top shelf!

A sharp eye...resulting in a very creative, innovative and interesting image.

Well done!

Many thanks. I’ve been wanting to do something with these two shots for quite a while and I actually thought this up while half asleep one night. Got to work on the idea the next day and here it is.