My favorite B&W conversion

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
edited March 6, 2023 in Other Cool Shots

I owe the inspiration for this conversion to Taz. Thanks, buddy.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,764 moderator

Nice "Clean" conversion! 😉

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

It's great to hear from your quarters, Ziggy I appreciate the visit. I can't argue with your assessment of this image. I wonder what you would say about another rendering I produced of an adjoining field with about 400 commodes on it.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Very nice Tom! I remember seeing a version of this before right? as BW as it gets.

@Juano said:
    Very nice Tom! I remember seeing a version of this before right? as BW as it gets.

Thanks, Cristóbal. This is the same rendering that you saw previously....I re-posted the original one because it opened my eyes to how satisfying working in B&W can be. In this case, it is much more impactful than the original color version.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

@black mamba said:

@Juano said:

Thanks, Cristóbal. This is the same rendering that you saw previously....I re-posted the original one because it opened my eyes to how satisfying working in B&W can be. In this case, it is much more impactful than the original color version.

This is for sure one that begged a BW conversion, well done.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Brilliant Tom!

@Stumblebum said:
    Brilliant Tom!

You probably remember the first time I posted this B&W image. Your encouragement to convert the color version to this one was instrumental in my adapting to B&W work on a more regular basis.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Tom....

Impactful for certain! Yes!!

Look forward to seeing more of your BW work in future posts.

• spanky117abspanky117ab Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins

What an cool looking photo, certainly works perfect for a B&W conversion.

@spanky117ab said:
    What an cool looking photo, certainly works perfect for a B&W conversion.

I saw that over in a field, Mike, and I couldn't get turned around quick enough. I appreciate the visit.