How do I hide keywords on one of my galleries?

perkinperkin Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins

Someone asked this question in a post 8-10 years ago, but I'm unable to relate the answer that was given (pasting some code into a code block) to the latest version of SmugMug. Can someone tell me what code to enter, and exactly where to enter it? Also, is there somewhere I can enter the same code and have it apply to ALL galleries?

Comments

• Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,450 Major grins

@perkin said:
    Someone asked this question in a post 8-10 years ago, but I'm unable to relate the answer that was given (pasting some code into a code block) to the latest version of SmugMug. Can someone tell me what code to enter, and exactly where to enter it?

If you want to ONLY hide your keywords on a specific gallery, you will need to find out what Page (Gallery) Node Number and it to a CSS Block in your Gallery. Just change the .sm-page-node-xxxxxx to your number. I have a link in my signature that shows how to locate your Page/Widget Number.

/**
    * Removes Keywords on Specific Gallery
    ************************************************/
    .sm-user-ui .sm-page-node-xxxxxx .sm-image-metadata-keywords {
      display: none;
    }

@perkin said:
    Also, is there somewhere I can enter the same code and have it apply to ALL galleries?

Adding this to a CSS Block in all Galleries will hide all of your keywords:

/**
    * Removes Keywords
    ************************************************/
    .sm-user-ui .sm-image-metadata-keywords {
      display: none;
    }

• perkinperkin Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins

Thank you. I located the node number easily (it's 6wSjVL). But I'm not sure of where to find the CSS block. In the Chrome Browser, Inspect shows this at the top of Styles:

.sm-user-ui body, .sm-user-ui select, .sm-user-ui input, .sm-user-ui button, .sm-user-ui textarea, .sm-user-ui .yui3-g [class="yui3-u"], .sm-user-ui .yui3-g-r [class="yui3-u"], .sm-nui {
    font-family: Fauna One,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;
    }

Do I paste it into this Block? E.g.

.sm-user-ui body,
    .sm-user-ui select,
    .sm-user-ui input,
    .sm-user-ui button,
    .sm-user-ui textarea,
    .sm-user-ui .yui3-g [class="yui3-u"],
    .sm-user-ui .yui3-g-r [class
    ="yui3-u"],
    .sm-nui {
    font-family: Fauna One,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;
    }
    .sm-user-ui .sm-page-node-6wSjVL .sm-image-metadata-keywords {display:none;}

edited March 24, 2023

The CSS Block (HTML & CSS Block) is a block you insert in your site. Go to your Customizer and find 'Add Content Block' and the last block is "HTML & CSS Block". Add this to your Galleries.

I dragged the CSS block onto the gallery page and entered the required text. Now the keywords (which I had entered in Lightroom) are gone, but they've been replaced by the phrase "add keywords." Is that to be expected?

Thank you so much for your help!