Old Man of Stor

pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,756 Major grins

Morning glow at the Old Man of Stor (Isle of Skye)

Pieter, aka pegelli
My SmugMug

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Nice shot.....interesting terrain, to say the least. I wonder if any adventurous soul has ever tried to scale that extreme, pointed peak.

Tom

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

Pieter, you got a rare clear view of OMoS. DId you go there with a group of photogs?

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,756 Major grins

Thanks for the comments Tom and David.
    @black mamba While we were there nobody tried to climb the peaks but I have seen photos of people standing on top. Not for me though, I'd much more enjoy looking at them from a distance in the soft morning light.
    @David_S85 Yes, we visited Skye for a week for a landscape photography workshop. The walk up from the road to get this view started at 4 am while it was still pitch dark and took almost 2 hours, but in the end it was well worth it.

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator

Beautiful location and composition.

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator
    edited May 6, 2023

I was up photographing the Old Man of Stor, twice, once in October of 2014 and again in October of 2019. What a spectacular place to see, and experience. The first was totally overcast, the second was only partially overcast, there were some blue patches in the sky.

I need to re-edit some images from those excursions since the advent of more modern noise reduction editing software. I have really loved my trips to Scotland.

Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin