Options

Previous / Next link at the bottom of a gallery

Petri71Petri71 Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins

Hi, I ma many galleries within folders and would like to add a PREVIOUS ALBUM / NEXT ALBUM link at the bottom of the gallery view. The link would only display if there is a gallery before or after in the SAME folder.

Did anyone already implement that ?

here I have a folder with a lot of galleries inside and would like the user to browser from one to another just by clicking next at the bottom of each gallery

https://petri-de-pita.smugmug.com/Stories/Taratata

thank you in advance for any useful answer

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2023

I added a link like that on every gallery in the gallery description box. I use Smugmug style but you might be able to add to your style.
    Gallery description boxes are a widget that is different for every gallery so you don't have to "make this gallery custom" for individual galleries.
    Otherwise the widget/info would be common to every gallery.

example here:
    https://www.photosbyat.com/Birds/2023-Birding/Birding-2023-March/2023-03-15-Riverlands-Migratory-Bird-Sanctuary/

<span style="font-size: 8pt; color:yellow">&lt;&nbsp;<a href="/Birds/2023-Birding/Birding-2023-March/2023-03-15-Riverlands-Migratory-Bird-Sanctuary/">Previous</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;gallery&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a href="/Birds/2023-Birding/Birding-2023-March/2023-03-28-Lewiss-Woodpecker">Next&nbsp;&gt;
    </span>

BTW, there a few links that have not been entered yet, so you might have to use the "jump to" to the right.

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    Petri71Petri71 Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins

Thank you Allen, so you mean you are manually adding the link previous and comments to every gallery with the proper link ? what a work, I was hoping for an automated script or smth. I have so many galleries.

BTW love your Infrared section ! :-)

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins

When I add a new gallery I copy old similar gallery description and paste in new gallery, then tweak to current.

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog