Why I haven't been around

CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

I got Windows 11 not long ago. Since I did, none of my processing programs have worked in quite the same way. Lightroom and Photoshop seemed incomprehensible at first. Now, when I do even modest processing in Lightroom, I don't know how to make the result usable. I think I'm closing in on the answers but I'm not there yet. That is, I know intellectually what's wrong but getting there is a different matter

Meanwhile I wish you all the best.

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2023

Thanks much for the communique, Don. There's been several times when I thought of sending you a message inquiring as to how you've been doing. You've been missed on the forum.

I've heard horror stories how Windows 11 has messed up folks photo processing....among other things. I visit the Ugly Hedgehog photo site frequently and there's plenty of reports of things gone haywire. A few people have found a work-around that cured the problem The root issue seems to be Windows 11 not communicating properly with the picture graphic cards....particularly older cards. I went to Windows 11 on two of my computers but I'm leaving version 10 on the computer I use for picture processing. I hope you get it straightened out soon.... I miss your contributions to the forum.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

Hey Don,
    Sorry to hear about your problems. Are you using the subscription version of Adobe software? If so, what are they telling you?

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Richard, Adobe has been automatically updating. I think the computer is fine and the Adobe software is fine. But I can't make all of it work without some apps on my phone. I can find the apps available for purchase. But I have to sign in by fingerprint to buy them. I got a new phone late last year and it had the fingerprint check in. I used my fingerprint once to get in. Since then I've never been able to make it work with a fingerprint. So I'm boxed in. On Monday I hope to get some informed advice about getting out of this box. It's been frustrating.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Good to hear Don

Thanks, Taz. I think I actually figured it out.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Good to have you back around!

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Pic is good Don! But it might be monitor issue, but unless you prefer this bit washed out look, I would pull blacks back much further! Cheers mate!

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Don....

sorry to hear about the "tech" issues. if it is any comfort, many of my clients have had similar issues migrating to Windows 11. I hope the issues are ironed out soon and you can return to normal processing endeavors...and posting spring images.

Gato, I think I finally have them ironed out. Windows 11 seems not to have been compatible with my Canon 80D. It took a lot of trial and error but I seem to be in business again, except for the fact that I can't go anywhere until mid-May.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Don...

Glad to read that your tech issues have been solved. Hope you are able to get out in May and test out the updates and corrections. Technology is great...when it works and works consistently, correctly.