REALLY OLD doors in St. Augustine

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
edited March 21, 2023 in Other Cool Shots

That's some pronounced stucco application on the exterior walls, but not that exceptional for the period.

When trying to find straight lines in old structures, I usually opt to at least square up the doors. It can be a challenge.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Lovely architecture shots Tom!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    Lovely architecture shots Tom!

Thanks, Taz. I revisit these two old homes about every 5 or 6 years. Outside of some pots and plants in the first one and the decorative door piece on the second one, nothing changes.

I'm sure glad to see you back on board, brother. I've wondered how you're getting along. I'm sure others miss your presence as well.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Very nice work Tom.

Love to see these images of well worn architecture...if only they could tell stories of what they have seen over the years..wow.

The second image looks like a structure I would have seen in the days when I lived out East and traveled the New England coast, kit in hand, even down to the leaded windows.

So nice to see this architecture surviving.

Thanks for sharing these.

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

I'm a sucker for door shots and these are fine ones. Thanks for sharing, Tom.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Hi, Sara. You would be overwhelmed in St. Augustine. The historic area is crawling with old, really old, houses and buildings of all sorts. The next time I'm down there....which is often....,I'll shoot a few more for you. My wife was born and raised there. She is a direct descendant of one of the nine Spanish and Menorcan families that settled there in 1685 A.D. There's a big plaque honoring her family in one of the downtown squares. It's hard for me to not feel like an interloper down there. Just kidding.