Options

Mini challenge # 351 In flight results

spanky117abspanky117ab Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
edited April 22, 2023 in The Dgrin Challenges

Deciding on the winners was a difficult decision to make. A big thanks to all those who participated there were some wonderful photos entered. Here goes.
3rd place goes to Tweety bird balloon by Cavalier. I just love the color in this photo it really pops.

2nd place goes to The Vulture by Gretchen. The use of B&W in this photo works well and was a great choice, I like the position of the bird in flight, looks like something you dont want to see circling over your head.

And 1st place goes to Too the moon by GSPeP. I've seen this take second place in a mini before but thought it deserved a bit more than that this time around. I am assuming this was a one shot exposure and not a composite photo. Well done with a great title as well.

So the challenge now gets passed on to GSPeP and I cant wait to see what is in store for the next challenge.

Comments

• Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,944 moderator

@spanky117ab, thank you for running an interesting mini! It definitely challenged me to go looking through my archive for what might fit. And thank you for the 2nd place nod for the photo of the vulture! I had forgotten that I had taken that shot until I went looking through my catalog of Masai Mara photos.

@Cavalier, on winning 3rd place for the great shot of the Tweety Bird balloon! And congratulations to @GSPeP on the winning photo! Looking forward to seeing what you post for the next mini challenge!

• Options
    GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,744 Major grins

@spanky117ab Thanks for my first place

The picture is a crop from one where the jet is in the center. It was during processing of the picture that I saw the moon was also in there.
    (I have a similar one of a Blue Angel F18 with the same moon. Both taken at MCAS Miramar Air Show)

Nice story about this picture:
    I was contacted by the commander of the pilot asking if they could use the picture in a presentation for a contest.
    Afterwards, I received a message they won second pace.

@sapphire73 and @Cavalier - Also congratulations!

I will try to post a new challenge later this evening (Belgian time) or will post one latest tomorrow.

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins

Congratulations all winners on a fun challenge!

• Options
    grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,946 Major grins

Thank you for running this mini - There were so many wonderful photos.

Just FYI - I think this was mini 351 and not 251

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • Options
    spanky117abspanky117ab Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins

You are absolutely right it is #351, I have corrected it, thank you.

• Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,944 moderator

@GSPeP said:
    The picture is a crop from one where the jet is in the center. It was during processing of the picture that I saw the moon was also in there.
    (I have a similar one of a Blue Angel F18 with the same moon. Both taken at MCAS Miramar Air Show)

Nice story about this picture:
    I was contacted by the commander of the pilot asking if they could use the picture in a presentation for a contest.
    Afterwards, I received a message they won second pace.

@GSPeP Thank you for telling us more about how you got this great capture!

• Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,033 Major grins

@spanky117ab - Thanks for the 3rd place nod! Appreciate the kind words. And congratulations to @sapphire73 for 2nd place and @GSPeP for the win.