The Abyss

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Cool! A piece of a larger oil paint? Yours?

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2023

Hey, buddy. I met the artist, Bill Reid, at an art show. His work is done exclusively with a pallet blade. He turns out some really striking stuff. I commissioned him to do something for me. The only guideline I gave him were the colors I wanted him to work with. Otherwise, he had complete freedom to create something. The entire piece is a 30 in. by 30 in. square. The colorful abyss here is completely surrounded by white, artfully blended in with the colored area. I did post a version of this ( but showing more of the white area ) a couple of years ago. If you care to see the entire work, message me with an email address and I'll shoot you a cell phone shot. It's one of my favorite acquisitions.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • spanky117abspanky117ab Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins

Interesting piece, very vibrant colors.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Thanks, Mike, I appreciate the visit. I recently picked up another of that artist's works. Same story....vibrant colors.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Cool! I always find interesting to find new angles on things.Nice!