lightroom plugin error

cedericcederic Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins

Many of my publish collections in Lightroom Classic 12.3 are failing to sync with Smugmug using the official Smugmug plugin v3.4.3.0 with an error:

From the diagnostics log this appears as:

**** Error 1

This plug-in’s post-processing task did not finish successfully.
?:0: attempt to index field 'Node' (a nil value)

It's not consistent. Some collections work, others have that issue.

Any thoughts on how I might be able to resolve this?

Comments

• cedericcederic Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins

Smugmug support responded quickly with a suggestion that has resolved this issue.

In case it's of use to others: in the plugin settings, there are checkboxes for "Sync Folders and Galleries" and "Sync Photos". Check the first, leave the second unchecked and press the 'Sync now' button.

I had to do it twice, but it's done the trick.

• SlockJawSlockJaw Registered Users Posts: 4 Big grins

Thanks for posting that fix. I was having the same error with my main SmugMug sync collection - that fixed it for me.

• LCL999LCL999 Registered Users Posts: 5 Big grins
    I have a similar problem. I get the error:-
    Can't update this collection.

An internal error has occurred ?:0: attempt to call
    method 'type' (a nil value)

This plug-in was working well for me, but I got some message offering me an update which I foolishly accepted. Version 3.5 now installed.
    Where can I find previous versions?

When I reload the plug-in I cannot find the checkboxes "Sync Folders and Galleries" and "Sync Photos". How do I find them?

Help!
  • LCL999LCL999 Registered Users Posts: 5 Big grins

I have had multiple to-ing and fro-ing with the SmugMug heros with this problem. We could not solve the problem. Luckily I found an old version (3.2.7.0) and that works with my LR 3.6

Should never have upgraded. "If ain't broke, don't try to fix it"