Zoo Set #3

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

The third installment of my work/series on entry-level animal photography.

By entry-level, I mean does not require; crack-of-dawn wakeup call, a bush plane, canoe, crampons, a bivouac shelter and sitting for hours in a camouflaged blind. Been there, done that, in my younger years. Now, a trip to the zoo provides the opportunity to practice some basic animal photography, albeit not as "wild" but, I get to sleep in my own bed at night!

C&C always welcomed and appreciated.

Gorilla

Cheetah

Orangutan

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

Great set. Love the third of the Orang

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Terrific stuff here, Al. These " character " shots you generate are amazing. In #2 the cat looks like he realizes you're taking his picture and he's putting his most regal face on. And your imagination to create the other two images just blows me away. Kudos, my friend.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

I'm a fan. The primate hands are particularly effective.

• spanky117abspanky117ab Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins

Very nice but number 3 is my favorite, gotta love the pose.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Thank you everyone for your comments...they are truly appreciated!!

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Great set!

The first one creeps me out a little. The cheetah is very elegant, did you process it somehow to make it look soft, oil painting-like? With the rest I think the third one is awesome and fun!

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Cristóbal...

Thank you for your comments...most appreciative!

The cheetah image had some post-processing to clean up errant background debris. However, I did nothing in post-processing to adjust the final, overall image's look. I was very fortunate to have some helpful lighting and a photogenic subject the day I took this shot. I have gone back several times to this particular animal's habitat in the zoo and this chap and his fellow residents where nowhere to be seen...pretty elusive.

Thank you again for your comments.