Options

Using the Search Box to find Commented photos?

naomimayanaomimaya Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins

Does anyone know if I can customize the search box so that it includes (or just uses) keywords that are in the comments? My goal is to easily find photos that clients comment on, and that they can also quickly find the ones they commented on without clicking on every single photo in a gallery to see if there's a comment.

Alternatively, is there a way to show comments or an icon to signify that there is a comment, in the thumbnail or collage views?

Thanks!
Naomi

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,239 moderator
    edited August 13, 2023

The search is for keywords that are defined for the photos. This does not include words that are in the comments.

The gallery keywords box (in your gallery settings) will be indexed up to the first 50 keywords as long as that gallery also has a description, is accessible by Public (Everyone), not protected by a password, and has Web Search set to Yes.

I am not aware of a way to show that there are comments on photos in the thumbnail or collage views without clicking on the photo.

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
    edited August 14, 2023

In Account Settings > Stats > Comments > Details, then All Comments -- this will display each photo that has received a comment. You can choose Last 24 Hours for recents.

I don't know of a way a gallery viewer, other than the owner, could search for comments.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky