Options

Photoshop Elements book

Richard CabesaRichard Cabesa Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
edited January 29, 2004 in Finishing School
Is there a good book out there specific to Elements or should I get one of the Potoshop books and wade through what's not in Elements?

Thanks, David

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,905 moderator
    edited January 22, 2004
    Is there a good book out there specific to Elements or should I get one of the Potoshop books and wade through what's not in Elements?

Thanks, David
    Take a look at "Photoshop CS book for digital photographers" by Scott Kelby.

I would think some of it carries over to Elements.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2004
    There are many books specific to Elements. I saw a really good one at Barnes and Noble last week. I would not get a Photoshop book, too many differences, I suspect you'll only get frustrated.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2004
    He makes one specific to Elements. I would think that would be the best solution.
    The Photoshop Elements Book for Digital Photographers
    by Scott Kelby ISBN: 0735713928
  • Options
    Richard CabesaRichard Cabesa Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2004
    Thanks guys.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 28, 2004
    Richard Lynch, one of the all-time best photoshop gurus writes a very popular hidden powers of ps elements book. He hangs out in the pselemets forum at www.retouchpro.com. His book will help make elements behave similar to ps6/7. You will even be able to run pre-recorded actions in elements.

Here is a link to the book at amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0782141781/002-8106707-2852855?v=glance

Cheers
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2004
    minoltaman wrote:
    Richard Lynch, one of the all-time best photoshop gurus writes a very popular hidden powers of ps elements book. He hangs out in the pselemets forum at www.retouchpro.com. His book will help make elements behave similar to ps6/7. You will even be able to run pre-recorded actions in elements.

Here is a link to the book at amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0782141781/002-8106707-2852855?v=glance

Cheers

I was thumbing through the Lynch book the other day and thought it looked pretty good. Was in a rush, so didn't buy it. Might have to get it. Hmmm...Amazon is four bucks cheaper than bn.com.

Thanks Minoltaman.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson