Options

A Personal Top Ten Barn Shot

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited October 11, 2023 in Other Cool Shots

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator

Great subject! I feel that it could be leveled a bit more to the right and shadows lifted slightly.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited October 13, 2023

@David_S85 said:
    Great subject! I feel that it could be leveled a bit more to the right and shadows lifted slightly.

Thanks for commenting, David. I shoot with a tripod leveler device. I f you look at the background trees over the small shed you'll see the real lay of the land. Very few old mountain barns don't lean one way or another. You learn to accept that or you'll go crazy. The late afternoon sun darkened the backs of the structures and, by personal choice, I left it that way.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,831 Major grins

Love how the colors pop on this one, Tom! Nice composition.

• Options

@sarasphotos said:

It's great to hear from you, Sara. I value your opinion a lot. I hope you're doing well.

• Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,831 Major grins

@black mamba said:

@sarasphotos said:

It's great to hear from you, Sara. I value your opinion a lot. I hope you're doing well.

Tom, everything's great at our house, thanks! It just seems that there is never enough time in the day to take care of all of my "retirement projects", to travel, and to visit with friends and family. I'm also hoping someone will appear on my doorstep who will clean house for me... ;)

• Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

I really like this shot for the same reasons Sara does. I’m laughing because the minute I read David’s comments I knew exactly what your answer would be 😁!

I hope all is well.

• Options

@Juano said:
    I really like this shot for the same reasons Sara does. I’m laughing because the minute I read David’s comments I knew exactly what your answer would be 😁!

I hope all is well.

Thank you, Cristóbal. I hope you're also doing well. I'm up in the mountains now. I came up here in mid September to escape Florida's brutal heat. I'll go back down there around the middle of November.

• Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins

Hi Tom

Nice shot! If the barn didn't lean it would've never gotten your attention :wink: Glad to know you are getting your mountain time. I head for Maine tomorrow so I will be in my own happy place. Maybe I'll even shoot some?

Cheers,
    Lauren

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Tom....

The colors are striking as are the lack of color (fading on the barns) sure signs of age and weathering...it gives the structures "character."

Wonderful photo....saving Americana one image at a time.

Nicely done.