Options

Another Personal Top Ten Barn Shot

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

The old boy that owns this barn has an adjacent field that is full, I mean full, of old wagons, tractors,, and farm implements. I told him " I'll be back ".

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins

Love it! I want to go in that barn and explore!

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

Go in for the rust machinery!!

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,811 moderator
    edited October 20, 2023

What a curious structure!? I worked at National Manufacturing Co. for 31 years and the boxed rail still holding those bi-parting doors might be from our catalog?

I notice too that the exposed foundation shows a step up, partway down the side of the building. That is, it looks like you walked down a minor grade to take this image? Or did you walk up a bit? (My 🤔 mental confusion interferes.)

The white fencing at the back of the property looks pretty well kept, and may be far enough from the barn to allow doors at the other end too?

So much detail in your image raising so many curious questions ... Well done! 👍👏 I love images that inspire wonder and reflection.

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

So in a nod to Rod Stewart's "Every Picture Tells A Story," or "if those walls could talk," your photo evokes many questions, that will ultimately lead to their own stories...and all from a single photo. Couldn't ask for a better outcome from a single image.

I suspect one could spend hours just inside the barn, let alone wandering around the property. I bet this location "pops" during the fall season.
    Let me know when you plan a trip back...I'm in.

A great image of iconic American architecture.

Well taken and presented.

• Options

@redleash said:
    Love it! I want to go in that barn and explore!

I took a good look inside. I saw enough stuff relating back to horse-drawn days that could fill a book. Stuff was hanging from the walls, rafters, just every where you looked. Things in there represented days gone by up until present times.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options

@Juano said:
    Go in for the rust machinery!!

There was a lot of smaller rusty pieces in the barn. But what was in the adjacent field was the largest number of old things I've ever seen in one place. There were two ancient looking tractors, five old wagons of some sort, and I don't know how many old rusty farm implements.

• Options

@ziggy53 said:
    What a curious structure!? I worked at National Manufacturing Co. for 31 years and the boxed rail still holding those bi-parting doors might be from our catalog?

I notice too that the exposed foundation shows a step up, partway down the side of the building. That is, it looks like you walked down a minor grade to take this image? Or did you walk up a bit? (My 🤔 mental confusion interferes.)

The white fencing at the back of the property looks pretty well kept, and may be far enough from the barn to allow doors at the other end too?

So much detail in your image raising so many curious questions ... Well done! 👍👏 I love images that inspire wonder and reflection.

I really appreciate the visit, Ziggy. I happened to have walked up the slight grade. I shot this barn in Valle Crucis, N.C.. The white fence is on the barn's property and the owner of the barn keeps it in nice condition because his spread sits not too far from one of the areas most visited tourist attractions....the original Mast General Store dating back to the mid 1800's.

• Options

@El Gato said:
    So in a nod to Rod Stewart's "Every Picture Tells A Story," or "if those walls could talk," your photo evokes many questions, that will ultimately lead to their own stories...and all from a single photo. Couldn't ask for a better outcome from a single image.

I suspect one could spend hours just inside the barn, let alone wandering around the property. I bet this location "pops" during the fall season.
    Let me know when you plan a trip back...I'm in.

A great image of iconic American architecture.

Well taken and presented.

Thanks for the compliment, Al.

The Fall colors in the area were, and are, spectacular. It's hard not to get the spirit when surrounded by such beauty. In talking with the barn's owner, I commented on that breath-taking array of old stuff sitting in a big field adjacent to his site. I asked if he knew who owned that field....assuming , of course, that he would. Well, knock me over, he owned it. All kinds of stuff was over there...things that had been used by his grandfather and father. He said that, eventually, he had to move it all over there to provide space for his current operations. I asked if it would be possible for me to go over and take pictures.....told him I have a mania for things like that. He said sure, but I had better do it soon because a man came by recently and paid him ...to quote him " an insane amount of money " ....for everything there and he wasn't sure when he was coming to get it all. My wife and I had another couple with us and we were on a tight agenda so I told him I would get back ASAP to do some shooting.

• Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,417 Major grins

What a great find, Tom! I look forward to seeing what else you found there!