Options

Titles under photo in a slide show?

camnercamner Registered Users Posts: 109 Major grins

Never noticed this before, but that's probably just me...

When a slideshow is started, image titles don't show below the image. Stopping the slideshow in the middle or waiting until the last photo ends the slideshow leads the title to appear for the photo appearing when the slideshow stops.

Is there a way to have the title appear under the photo for each photo in a slideshow?

Comments

• Options
    JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins

For the slideshows you get into by clicking the arrow in a gallery or in the lightbox, try this:
    1. Go to the gallery in question, log in as owner if you are not already, then hit the Customize Design button.
    2. In the right sidebar you will see, in big bold text, either "On All Galleries" or "Just this Gallery". Below you will see, in small text, the word "Gallery". Move the mouse down to that small "Gallery" entry. A wrench will appear. Click the wrench.
    3. A menu will open up with different types of gallery layouts. The last one is "Slideshow". Click that row.
    4. A second menu opens up. Here you can turn slideshow titles and captions on for the gallery/lightbox display.

If all your gallery pages use the "On All Galleries" template, that's all you have to do.
    If you have some galleries that are custom ("Just this Gallery" , you have to change each such gallery one-by-one.

For slideshows you get by inserting a slideshow widget on a page, there are separate controls for turning captions on and off.
    1. Go to the page with the widget, log in if you are not already, and hit the Customize Design button.
    2. Select the Slideshow widget on the page, and hit the wrench icon in the upper left.
    3. A box with lots of options opens up with three tabs: Basic, Playback, and Controls. Move to the Playback tab.
    4. Here you can turn captions on. I don't know if that gives you titles too. You'll have to experiment.

Hope this helps. That first one is not real obvious.

Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com
  • Options
    camnercamner Registered Users Posts: 109 Major grins

@Jtring
    Thanks VERY much for the tip (though you did forget to mention that one also needs to draw a pentagram & hop on your left foot 8 times while holding your right pinky finger against your nose!).

That first one is not real obvious is an understatement!

Thanks again.

• Options
    JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins

You are welcome. I'm pretty sure I've written this up before. The on-line help documents don't cover the first case as far as I know.

Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com