Options

Support for 360° Images

timstahmertimstahmer Registered Users Posts: 4 Big grins
edited April 29, 2022 in SmugMug Feature Requests
Is SmugMug working on support for 360° images (aka photospheres)? I can post them to my Flickr account so someone in the company has access to the necessary code. :-)

Comments

• Options
    PavelMikoskaczPavelMikoskacz Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    This feature would be useful. For the presentation of virtual tours, we have to use external applications and a blog, which again we have to run on a different platform than smugmug.
  • Options
    bgreenstonebgreenstone Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    Considering that Google photos supports interactive 360° panoramas for free, I would expect a paid site to support it as well. With so many people using Insta360 cameras these days for their travel and action photography, this seems like a needed feature.
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    edited May 6, 2024

People have been asking for this support since forever. I would suggest another photo hosting site instead of SmugMug if you want 360's as part of your online portfolio.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    bgreenstonebgreenstone Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    Yeah, I’ve been looking at Google photos which supports interactive 360 Panoramas, but there are additional problems with that. There are a few panorama specific sites as well, but that just means paying more money. I’m already paying enough to SmugMug, so I’d really hope that someday they implement this feature.