Options

glad to have found this site

livinginozlivinginoz Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
edited December 18, 2005 in Technique
hi. as a relative newbie i am still finding my way through this site, and i am really enjoying it. i have always like my photography attempts, but as i wander around here i realize i am really not getting the maximum use of photoshop, even though i use it every day. i photograph hardware for work, nothing fun, just basic and make sure the product looks good. i take my barn photos for my satisfaction and have done some work on improving them, but my knowledge is limited in some areas. i like to think i have an eye for what looks good, but i don't always know how to get things to that stage unless i happen to be lucky enough to get a good shot.

i am hoping to absorb more from this site as i go along. i have already learned a lot just by working with some actions and filters i have found (kubota, for one), and that shows me just how little i really have dug into the program. i sure feel like a rank beginner again. :help

i am looking for a good book that can work me through the things i thought i knew, and also helping expand my knowledge. any suggestions? perhaps that classroom in a book series?

also kinda disappointed to find that my new camera, a canon s2 1s doesn't seem to have a raw setting. i am really impressed with what you can do with that. i do have a canon g6 at work that does have raw. i was debating between the two, and went with the s2 for the 12x zoom. it makes it much easier shooting barns from the road.......
thanks

if you would like to see the kind of stuff i do all day, here is our company website. almost all the photos on there are mine:

http://wwhardware.com/
laurie in rural minnesota

my stuff

Comments

• Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2005
    Anything with Scott Kelby is good
    Also might want to look at joing NAPP
    Great members site too

Fred
  • Options
    livinginozlivinginoz Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2005
    USAIR wrote:
    Anything with Scott Kelby is good
    Also might want to look at joing NAPP
    Great members site too

Fred

thanks, fred, i did find NAPP....and their magazine is great, just got my copy last night. now, if they can just come up with a way to have more time in the day..............
    laurie in rural minnesota

my stuff
  • Options
    PossumCornerPossumCorner Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2005
    livinginoz wrote:
    .... if you would like to see the kind of stuff i do all day, here is our company website. almost all the photos on there are mine:
    http://wwhardware.com/

Enjoyed seeing your work, understand your comment "nothing fun, just basic" but we'd love to be doing work like that for Bunnings, the hardware and gardening conglomerate we work for in Australia. The only shots we get to do are for safety bulletins or newsletters - all their serious catalogue or stocklist photography is outsourced. Love the hardware/building "stuff" though. (This Old House was our favourite US TV show til we moved out of a Cable area: is it still produced or has it long disappeared??)