Options

downgrade?

dirtbikejunkiedirtbikejunkie Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
edited December 19, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I am considering upgrading to a power-user account as I've exceeded my monthly bandwidth a few times, but I am curious if is possible to later *downgrade* (to a regular account). and with the new pricing structure, would a downgrade be to the current pricing or new?

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2005
    I'm thinking of jumping the bandwagon with the upcoming soccer world cup here in Leipzig and upgrading to a PRO-account (wave.gif@Andy) before the prize rise.
    Will I be able to downgrade again? Is my understanding correct that in case I downgrade again in one or two years that I'm then on the new prices ($60 for the power account in my case)?

Thanks,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2005
    You can upgrade or downgrade no problems. You would still be protected, price-wise.
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    You can upgrade or downgrade no problems. You would still be protected, price-wise.
    1. Am I getting this correct? If I downgraded from PRO to Power after the price change I wouldn't have to pay the higher price of $60, but would still be grandfathered paying $50!?

2. But if I upgraded from Power to Pro after the price change I would have to pay the higher price of $150 instead of the $100?

3. Does this mean all future (meaning after the price change) downgrades will be grandfathered generally while upgrades won't ever get grandfathered?

Now I'm curious if I got this all right - as I can't really believe it yet. :D
    I hope that this covers all possebilities - if not, feel free to add them. mwink.gif

Thanks for clearing this up,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2005
    1. Am I getting this correct? If I downgraded from PRO to Power after the price change I wouldn't have to pay the higher price of $60, but would still be grandfathered paying $50!?

2. But if I upgraded from Power to Pro after the price change I would have to pay the higher price of $150 instead of the $100?

3. Does this mean all future (meaning after the price change) downgrades will be grandfathered generally while upgrades won't ever get grandfathered?

Now I'm curious if I got this all right - as I can't really believe it yet. :D
    I hope that this covers all possebilities - if not, feel free to add them. mwink.gif

Thanks for clearing this up,
    Sebastian

Hmm - actually Sebastian you bring up a good point about downgrading later, which I will get clarification on.

I do know this: If you upgrade NOW, you'll be protected at $99.95. If you upgrade after the price increase, you'll pay the new price, $150, minus what you've already paid for Power ($50).
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    Hmm - actually Sebastian you bring up a good point about downgrading later, which I will get clarification on.
    Thanks for checking on this - would be my safety net even though I doubt that downgrading should handled any different than upgrading, but between the lines of your first reply I read something else. ne_nau.gif
    Andy wrote:
    I do know this: If you upgrade NOW, you'll be protected at $99.95.
    Could you specify NOW a littlebit more as this would be my 2nd upgrade this year and I need to figure out if I really want to try or can actually successfully realize the idea I've in my head.:D
    Do I get until Christmas or do I really have to decide NOW?

Thanks,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2005
    Upgrading / Downgrading
    OK here's the official word:

Once the new pricing is in place that all changes, up or down will be at the new pricing. So if you are at Power now, and upgrade to Pro before the new pricing, you'll be protected at $99.95. But if you then decide a few months from now that you want to go back to Power, you'll be at the new pricing level. The system will charge the new pricing for that Power User account.

Same thing about upgrading. If someone is standard or power now and upgrades to Pro after the new pricing, the new cost will apply.

I hope this helps clarify things.
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2005
    Perfectly clear and exactly what I expected - thanks for taking the time to verify this.
    Leaves just the timeframe uncertain, but I guess you have your reasons not to comment on this. You already threatened onces with increasing the prices - what I did was upgrading. Now the same game again. You better introduce a new step in the ladder, because I can't climb higher anymore. rolleyes1.gif
    Hopefully I make the decision in time, before it's too late.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited December 19, 2005
    Hey dirtbikejunkie, Great pic on ADVrider's home page.

46769742-L-1.jpg