Options

Difficulty uploading to smugmug

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited December 19, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I have IE and Windows XP. I did the cache thing and I can post here just fine so far.

But I am resorting to uploading my photos individually. This could be a problem............

What happens is an error, and darn it all, it gave a code, but I didn't write it down: then the upload was aborted.

I have never had the best luck with uploading lots of photos, and I have been kind of amazed to read of batch uploading. I figured some day I would address the issue. But since the upgrade my uploading is deteriorating rapidly.

I use the upload for IE, and I like that one, it has worked easily, except it won't load like twenty photos at a time usually, but it might get 10 or 15, now it is lucky to get one.

ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I have IE and Windows XP. I did the cache thing and I can post here just fine so far.

But I am resorting to uploading my photos individually. This could be a problem............

What happens is an error, and darn it all, it gave a code, but I didn't write it down: then the upload was aborted.

I have never had the best luck with uploading lots of photos, and I have been kind of amazed to read of batch uploading. I figured some day I would address the issue. But since the upgrade my uploading is deteriorating rapidly.

I use the upload for IE, and I like that one, it has worked easily, except it won't load like twenty photos at a time usually, but it might get 10 or 15, now it is lucky to get one.

ginger

Was it this error code?

Ginger, try the Universal Drag and Drop (it says beta) Uploader.

Since what upgrade?

What sort of connection do you have - DSL, Cable?

ear.gif
  • Options
    edited December 19, 2005
    Andy, I have Cable. It worked better tonight but the files were slightly smaller. I did not have any big problems uploading 3 files at a time.

ginger (I am going to bed........now)
  • Options
    edited December 19, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Andy, I have Cable. It worked better tonight but the files were slightly smaller. I did not have any big problems uploading 3 files at a time.

ginger (I am going to bed........now)

Hi Ginger,

If you'll try to answer the other questions I asked you, we can help you. Otherwise, well, we can't guess. Let me know if you'd like more help thumb.gif

All the best,

Andy
  • Options
    edited December 19, 2005
    Andy, I answered all the questions that I had an answer to, and I felt sick at the time, literally. I wanted to say more, but I just couldn't.

Can I get back to you with the error code when it happens again?

It is Cable, Comcast.............I think I did impart that info.

I meant since the dgrin upgrade I guess, and I realized when you asked me that that I had no idea how the two could be connected..............I was kind of speechless and finally just signed off. I couldn't even think....I had really wanted to finish a photo, but I was having very strong stomach pains, plus I had been up all day and my face felt like hell.

Can I let it rest until it happens again?

I would like help, but I was more desperate to get out of pain last night, and I had managed to get done what I needed to do after hours on the computer. And not because of the error code. I did not download that much, it was easier to work around. I just tried to answer your question for you, but I couldn't say more.

ginger
  • Options
    edited December 19, 2005
    I looked at where you sent me for the error code. I don't know if it was that error code.

We have McAfee from AOL on the computer, windows XP. I have not gotten the error code until the last few days. We have changed nothing on McAfee. Who knows what AOL does. They are offering some kind of firewall free trial, I am resisting and ignoring that. While I don't want a virus, neither do I want the hassle that lots of security seems to have brought in the past.

I allow pop ups, all pop ups. I don't care where they are from, they are easier than the hassle. I allow cookies, I am not very security conscious though AOL thinks their customers are and offers a lot. I wish I had a Mac, I have had more problems with security than protection.

But I have not changed it lately.

If this helps, I did sign up for a free trial on AOL's music thing and ran into problems with the music thing and many seemingly unrelated things, so I took the music thing off...........I am sure you don't want to know all of this. But it might be a "spy" in the music thing from Homeland Security as I am being haunted by that music thing ever since and have had other problems, so I don't know if this is related.

And that is all I know now. My back/stomach does feel better, thank you, so I can write this. But let's calm down, take it slowly and wait til I upload a bunch of photos and get the error code. I will make sure we all know about it post haste.

Also you had some other suggestions I was thinking of trying. Other ways to upload. Really, I shoot, come home and spend the rest of my day on the PC, it is probably as long a photo day as yours to some degree, and I was super tired.

ginger
  • Options
    edited December 19, 2005
    :D Ginger I assure you - we're just trying to help :D

So, the Dgrin upgarde has zero to do with SmugMug uploading - just to clarify that.

Give the Universal Drag and Drop uploader a try and let us know how you make out.

Of course you can let it rest for as long as you like - it's up to you whenever you want help, we're here. Also don't forget you can email help@smugmug.com deal.gif

Glad you're feeling better, Ginger thumb.gif