Options

Report Dgrin Upgrade Bugs Here

124»

Comments

• Options
    behr655behr655 Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2005
    I've done all that a few times. The formating buttons are working now but I still can't log out. Guess I'm stuck here. mwink.gif

Bear
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited December 18, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    Highlight a word? headscratch.gif Thanks for the tip. First I've heard of doing it that way. Absolutely, it works.

Until this software upgrade, I've clicked on the chain link planet and entered my copy, clicked OK then entered my URL, clicked OK. Interesting change, thanks for the instructional.
    That's the hard thing about UI design... The old way was confusing to lots of people because it wasn't consistent with the way the other buttons worked (you highlighted text before clicking the bold button), but once you learned it, going back to the other way became unintuitive. I think if they had made all the buttons work the same way from the beginning, it would have been intuitive. But they didn't have you enter text when you clicked the bold button because maybe you decide to bold a whole paragraph after you've typed it.
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2005
    Location is not clickable anymore
    At the time "Location" string was link to Google Maps. It's not anymorene_nau.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    At the time "Location" string was link to Google Maps. It's not anymorene_nau.gif

Nik, that's already been posted by Sebastian.
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2005
    Andy,
    Andy wrote:
    Better two than none.. :):
    Thread is 10 pages already, I missed it..ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    Better two than none.. :):
    Thread is 10 pages already, I missed it..ne_nau.gif
    But Nik, you're a Geek :D don't you search to see if someone's already posted in such a case? I thought that was fairly standard...
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2005
    I am a geek:-)
    Andy wrote:
    But Nik, you're a Geek :D don't you search to see if someone's already posted in such a case? I thought that was fairly standard...

If you search this thread for "Location" (as I did before posting) you will find no references to Sebastian's post. And, being a geek, I opted for posting what I thought would be useful info rather than reading 10 pages with my aging and quite nearsighted eyes...ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    If you search this thread for "Location" (as I did before posting) you will find no references to Sebastian's post. And, being a geek, I opted for posting what I thought would be useful info rather than reading 10 pages with my aging and quite nearsighted eyes...ne_nau.gif

Nik, calm down. You have to remember who you are talking to.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:

Nik - can't we have any fun 'round here? thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    Nik, calm down. You have to remember who you are talking to.

And you thought that I thought that you didn't have a sense of humor lol3.giflol3.giflol3.gif
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    Nik - can't we have any fun 'round here? thumb.gif
    Yeah, let's blame the search engine a round for not doing a partial word search! It's not geeky enough. mwink.gif
    I'll throw a round of beer.gif as I'm now officially a PRO member. Couldn't sleep with Andy's words ringing in my head 'upgrade NOW' while trying to and thought what is when they plug in the new prices today. So I did get up after half an hour of trying to sleep in order to get Andy out of my head and did it. But then I couldn't sleep thinking of domain mapping things that the PRO account allowed me. ne_nau.gif

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2005
    IE with XP & as always...everything is running perfectly.
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2005
    But then I couldn't sleep thinking of domain mapping things that the PRO account allowed me. ne_nau.gif

CNAME CNAME CNAME CNAME CNAME CNAME CNAME

Just making it clear what you need to do :D
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2005
    Mike Lane wrote:
    CNAME CNAME CNAME CNAME CNAME CNAME CNAME

Just making it clear what you need to do :D
    lol3.giflol3.gif Good one - that's exactly what I did and always knew I had to do. I figured out how do it way back then when I had my standard account, but couldn't put it to use until know. The big issue was just how I wanted to organize my domain. I decided to go for subdomains, but the problem with my current host is that I can't access the subdomains when putting a www. before them. It's not that much of an issue, but there are actually people going on my smugmug page with 'www. rainforest1155. smugmug.com' even though I never told that to anyone - they just do it. ne_nau.gif

Sebastian

PS: The new vBulletin is a pain in the neck when it comes to URLs - wants to make them all clickable and in this very case that was what I exactly didn't want to have.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2005
    Baldy wrote:
    This is a test.

Are we speaking about the same thing? The world icon with a chain link at the bottom of it?

You highlight a word, click that button, a small popup comes up, you paste in the URL, and the word you highlighted turns into a link. Doesn't work on your machines?

Doesn't work on mine. Tiger 10.4.3, Safari 2.0.2. If I make a test link with the URL I'm at right now, I get the following:

Testhttp://www.dgrin.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=213673

What I did was type "Test" go up to the Location bar and copy the URL, select the word "Test", click on the world/link icon, paste in the URL and hit OK.

What I should get is: Test, right?
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    behr655behr655 Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2005
    behr655 wrote:
    I've done all that a few times. The formating buttons are working now but I still can't log out. Guess I'm stuck here. mwink.gif

Bear
    Well, the formating buttons are not working again. Bear
  • Options
    edited December 19, 2005
    DavidTO wrote:
    Doesn't work on Safari 2.0.2.
    I can replicate that on my system. An easy fix to this and several other bugs is here.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer.
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2005
    I spoke too soon.

Im on dial-up atm & every time i open d/grin shortcut im logged out. It takes about 5 attempts & im in.
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 20, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    I spoke too soon.

Im on dial-up atm & every time i open d/grin shortcut im logged out. It takes about 5 attempts & im in.
    sorry if I missed a fix for this, but I seem to be getting logged out quite a bit too (usually never logged out, and now am not clicking log out. just close the tab, not even the whole browser, and find myself logged out)
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited December 20, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    sorry if I missed a fix for this, but I seem to be getting logged out quite a bit too (usually never logged out, and now am not clicking log out. just close the tab, not even the whole browser, and find myself logged out)
    I had that too on one of my computers when I went back and forth from ADVrider to dgrin. Somehow it went away. I did clear my cache.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2005
    Baldy wrote:
    I can replicate that on my system. An easy fix to this and several other bugs is here.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer.

Well, I'm happy just typing out the code, that's easy enough. And my .Mac bookmark syncing is something that I'm not gonna be leaving Safari for Firefox. But thanks for the info!
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops