Options

Suggestion: Make your thread titles meaningful

NikonGirlNikonGirl Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
edited December 24, 2005 in Dgrin Forum Support
This is just a suggestion that when a question or topic is posted here, please make your thread titles meaningful. Titles that say "A quick question", or "I need your help" are not really useful to determine what the thread is about.

I hope you don't mind me making this suggestion. I'm strictly a viewer of these threads, but I find them oh-so-helpful! I made an initial attempt to customize my site, but it was pretty lame. I decided to switch to one of the themes (which are great) until I can give customization another try. I just need to get through the holidays so I can find the time!!!

Anyway, Happy Holidays to all of you.

Yolanda

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2005
    NikonGirl wrote:
    This is just a suggestion that when a question or topic is posted here, please make your thread titles meaningful. Titles that say "A quick question", or "I need your help" are not really useful to determine what the thread is about.

I hope you don't mind me making this suggestion. I'm strictly a viewer of these threads, but I find them oh-so-helpful! I made an initial attempt to customize my site, but it was pretty lame. I decided to switch to one of the themes (which are great) until I can give customization another try. I just need to get through the holidays so I can find the time!!!

Anyway, Happy Holidays to all of you.

Yolanda

A good one, too.

Mike or I usually edit try to the titles when we think of it, too.

Thanks Yolanda!
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2005
    Yes, and trim quoted material too
    NikonGirl wrote:
    Yes, good suggestion!

And while we're on this thread, people should trim the quoted material to the minimum required to understand which posting you are responding to.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    A good one, too.

Mike or I usually edit try to the titles when we think of it, too.

Thanks Yolanda!

:uhoh we do?

I guess we do now thumb.gif
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/