Options

Videos, QTVR?

limbiklimbik Registered Users Posts: 379 Major grins
edited December 28, 2005 in SmugMug Support
If we can display QT videos, can we display QTVRs?
If not, it does not seem like a big leap from QT and I would love to see them supported. If so, yay, you rule!

Comments

• Options
    DodgeV83DodgeV83 Registered Users Posts: 379 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2005
    limbik wrote:
    If we can display QT videos, can we display QTVRs?
    If not, it does not seem like a big leap from QT and I would love to see them supported. If so, yay, you rule!
    Sorry they only support MPEG1, and I agree with their decision. Makes sure pretty much every computer out there can see our videos :)
  • Options
    limbiklimbik Registered Users Posts: 379 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2005
    DodgeV83 wrote:
    Sorry they only support MPEG1, and I agree with their decision. Makes sure pretty much every computer out there can see our videos :)
    I'm all for compatibility and I understand how difficult it is, but since we are mostly photographers and QTVRs are an excellent outlet for photographers, it seems like a logical step. For a pro/am photographer looking to get into the QTVR market, it would be outstanding to be able to display them in galleries along with photos, and we know smugmug just can't be beat for photos.:flash
  • Options
    BradleeBradlee Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited December 28, 2005
    I totally Agree - QTVR would be NICE!
    I understand that they want to make sure everyone can view their videos but I would really love to be able to post all of the QTVR movies that I have made on trips etc to show. Besides with Itunes forcing you to download quicktime - I am sure much larger percentage of user already have the QT player installed. I guess I will have to continue a hosting plan elsewhere after all. I had been really excited thinking that I could use smugmug and drop everything else, but I guess I was a little premature in my excitement. It isn't that hard to link users that are not able to view the QTVR movies to the correct URL so that they can download the free player. I think I read that there is actually a way for the vid to launch the url if the player is not found on the host system. My 2 cents - everything else here rocks though!:):