Options

Right click protection on rotating gallery images

jmillerjmiller Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited December 29, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I'm rather new to SmugMug, but I've noticed that - even though my images are right-click protected (and the protection works just fine when viewing the image gallery), I CAN right click and save the images when they are shown as the gallery's rotating image. While the image that is saved is just the thumbnail, I was wondering if there is any way to prevent someone from saving even these random images? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2005
    jmiller wrote:
    I'm rather new to SmugMug, but I've noticed that - even though my images are right-click protected (and the protection works just fine when viewing the image gallery), I CAN right click and save the images when they are shown as the gallery's rotating image. While the image that is saved is just the thumbnail, I was wondering if there is any way to prevent someone from saving even these random images? Thanks!

wave.gif Hi jmiller, thanks for posting.

No, there isn't. Right-click protection works on the -Ti, -Th, -S, -M, and -L versions of your photos when viewed in the gallery (e.g., SmugMug Style, or whichever style you're using....). But when you are viewing the galleries in a category, the -Ti and -Th thumbnails are not right click protected.

All the best,
  • Options
    jmillerjmiller Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited December 29, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    wave.gif Hi jmiller, thanks for posting.

No, there isn't. Right-click protection works on the -Ti, -Th, -S, -M, and -L versions of your photos when viewed in the gallery (e.g., SmugMug Style, or whichever style you're using....). But when you are viewing the galleries in a category, the -Ti and -Th thumbnails are not right click protected.

All the best,

Thanks Andy!