Options

Yellowstone shots

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited July 30, 2004 in Wildlife
I got around to spending a little more time sorting out the yellowstone shots.
Here are a few of my favorites that I haven't posted.

6381752-L.jpg

6374792-L.jpg

6376173-L.jpg

6376277-L.jpg
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited July 29, 2004
    rutt wrote:

6374792-S.jpg
    Aw man, we forgot to tell you, reflections was last week. :D
    very very nice.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited July 29, 2004
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Aw man, we forgot to tell you, reflections was last week. :D
    very very nice.
    This was an outtake. All my advice to Ginger couldn't bring back the sky details. I have my pride after all.

Thanks, though.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2004
    rutt wrote:

It looks so lovely out there Rutt.. I've never been but would like to very much. I love the pond shot and the deer. Did you see any bear?

:D
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2004
    Rutt, number 2 and 3 are awesome, just awesome.
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited July 29, 2004
    rutt wrote:

6381752-S.jpg
    6374792-S.jpg
    6376173-S.jpg
    6376277-S.jpg
    Yellowstone in the summer is lovely, and you have captured it nicely here, but cannot compare to how gorgeous it is when covered in hoarfrost in the winter time. I strongly recemmend a winter trip with yoiur camera also.lickout.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    It looks so lovely out there Rutt.. I've never been but would like to very much. I love the pond shot and the deer. Did you see any bear?

:D
    They are elk, not deer, but that's just sort of a jumbo version of the same thing. The park has cracked down on feeding the bears and instituted much better control of garbage, so the bears are hard to see now and I didn't see them. I did see lots of Bison, but didn't get a shot.

I was afraid the park would be really really really croweded. But it wasn't at all, really. Especially if I just went a little way off the main drag. But even Old Faithful wasn't that crowded. And I rode my bicycle all over the park roads.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2004
    pathfinder wrote:
    Yellowstone in the summer is lovely, and you have captured it nicely here, but cannot compare to how gorgeous it is when covered in hoarfrost in the winter time. I strongly recemmend a winter trip with yoiur camera also.lickout.gif
    XC skis would be lots better than a mountain bike, too. Turns out you just are not allowed to ride off the road except for a very few places.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited July 29, 2004
    rutt wrote:
    They are elk, not deer, but that's just sort of a jumbo version of the same thing. The park has cracked down on feeding the bears and instituted much better control of garbage, so the bears are hard to see now and I didn't see them. I did see lots of Bison, but didn't get a shot.

I was afraid the park would be really really really croweded. But it wasn't at all, really. Especially if I just went a little way off the main drag. But even Old Faithful wasn't that crowded. And I rode my bicycle all over the park roads.
    If you check with the park service, in the spring, April perhaps, (I am not sure of the dates,) the first two weeks that they open the roads, the roads are ONLY open to bicyclists. You might enjoy that time too.

I was told this by a Ranger when I was there two years ago in the summer time.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2004
    pathfinder wrote:
    If you check with the park service, in the spring, April perhaps, (I am not sure of the dates,) the first two weeks that they open the roads, the roads are ONLY open to bicyclists. You might enjoy that time too.

I was told this by a Ranger when I was there two years ago in the summer time.
    That sounds great, but probabaly even then xc skis would be the way to go. I don't do so well when the bicycle tires are on ice.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2004
    Your shots make me want to go back to yellowstone sooooo bad.

I took these phots 4 years ago with a point and shoot film camera and then scanned them in.
    I miss working there, might be the best job I ever had. I got paid to show people on of the most amazing places in the world.
    I didnt take alot of photos though, I should of brough my camera with me on tours, I just never thought of it.

Great Fountain3135480-M.jpg
    Sunset over yellowstone lake, from sunset butte
    3135598-M.jpg