Mars Camera Discovery

wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
edited January 29, 2004 in The Big Picture
Go here to see the ridiculously impressive discovery that the new NASA rover has made. More evidence that there must have been life on Mars, no matter how unintelligent.
Sid.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au

Comments

• MarcMarc Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Go here to see the ridiculously impressive discovery that the new NASA rover has made. More evidence that there must have been life on Mars, no matter how unintelligent.
    Blah blah blah...

Here's the real images.

Horizon_hills_color-A11R1_th544.jpg

Sol3_Outcrop_Color-sol004-b-B004R1_th544.jpg

(and, just so some Photog doesn't get his/her panties in a bunch, these pictures are linked from the Nasa Mars web site. No, I didn't go to Mars and take these myself. Really. But I did pay a lot of tax here in the US, so I figure I own a pixel or two...)

M
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 29, 2004
    Marc wrote:
    Blah blah blah...

(and, just so some Photog doesn't get his/her panties in a bunch, these pictures are linked from the Nasa Mars web site. No, I didn't go to Mars and take these myself. Really. But I did pay a lot of tax here in the US, so I figure I own a pixel or two...)

M
    rolleyes1.gifthumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2004
    Marc wrote:
    Blah blah blah...

Here's the real images.

Horizon_hills_color-A11R1_th544.jpg

Sol3_Outcrop_Color-sol004-b-B004R1_th544.jpg

M

And that's another wrinkle in the law. You're fine displaying these shots, they're government property, taken by government employees (or machines!) on government time. The federal government is not allowed to own a copyright, I believe.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au