Options

Deleting Guest Passwords

peestandinguppeestandingup Registered Users Posts: 489 Major grins
edited January 1, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Can you delete a guest password so that anyone who has that password wont be able to access my site anymore? If so, how do you do that??

Just making sure before I set one up for a friend so they can upload some pics to my site. After that, I dont wanna give them anymore access 'cause I cant control exactly what the guest can see/do. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Mac WriteMac Write Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2005
    Just delete the password from the password input field in the gallery customization page.
    My Photos | Use this referral code and get $5 off your first year of Smugmug! PIKZSgEQUVtu2 or just click here
    Get busy living or get busy dying
    --Stephen King
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2005
    Mac Write wrote:
    Just delete the password from the password input field in the gallery customization page.
    Uhh, are you sure? Im talking about the "Guest Password" fro Pro users that you set in the "Professional" area of your account settings so that other people can upload photos to your site.

I think you are referring to the password that you can set for each gallery that "prevents people from seeing this gallery without the password". They are two different things.
  • Options
    Mac WriteMac Write Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2005
    Uhh, are you sure? Im talking about the "Guest Password" fro Pro users that you set in the "Professional" area of your account settings so that other people can upload photos to your site.

I think you are referring to the password that you can set for each gallery that "prevents people from seeing this gallery without the password". They are two different things.
    My mistake. Just delete the password in the Professioanl area and that should delete it.
    My Photos | Use this referral code and get $5 off your first year of Smugmug! PIKZSgEQUVtu2 or just click here
    Get busy living or get busy dying
    --Stephen King
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2005
    Hi, Peestandingup.

What tell folks to do, is just input a totally random password and save it. A bunch of letters and numbers. When you want a new guest password, then you can make a new one, that's easy to remember, to give out to your guest.

More info here.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/guest-passwords
  • Options
    edited January 1, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, Peestandingup.

What tell folks to do, is just input a totally random password and save it. A bunch of letters and numbers. When you want a new guest password, then you can make a new one, that's easy to remember, to give out to your guest.

More info here.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/guest-passwords
    Oh, ok. Thanks.

So, basically I can have only one guest password thats active. Is that right?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2006
    Oh, ok. Thanks.

So, basically I can have only one guest password thats active. Is that right?

Correct.
  • Options
    edited January 1, 2006
    Thanks Andy. :D