Options

Great Falls Va.

jerrydoughnutjerrydoughnut Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
edited January 2, 2006 in Landscapes
Posted one in nature, thought I`d put another here.

Comments

• Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2005
    Jerry, have you done something in post, it looks a little strange headscratch.gif, well it does on my monitor anyway :D
  • Options
    DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2005
    Oh wow, I love the coloration, you really managed to capture the color of the stone and the contrast of it from the waterfall quite well, awesome shot!thumb.gif
    Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.
  • Options
    vermentonvermenton Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2005
    Oh wow, I love the coloration, you really managed to capture the color of the stone and the contrast of it from the waterfall quite well, awesome shot!thumb.gif
    me too it look blurry on my computer. is that a stich photo.
  • Options
    babybluetx23babybluetx23 Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2005
    It isnt your monitor. it is on mine too! Looks WAY over processed.

vermenton wrote:
    me too it look blurry on my computer. is that a stich photo.
    Cynthia Cox
    Arlington, Tx
    http://www.innovativeillusionsphoto.com/

OMP member #: 173034

Canon EOS 5D : Bogen 3051 tripod : Bogen Monopod : Bogen 3030 head unit : Canon Speedlight 580EX : Canon EF 28-200 F3.5 : Canon 70-200 f2.8L : Canon 24-70mm F2.8L and other Canon Gear

The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE." - Ernst Haas
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2005
    Some type of etheral glow PS prog maybe ?

What ever it is it does not work for me.
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2005
    ya looks littel over done

great picture
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2006
    Etherial glow was it. I did it in ps. just an expiriment. I had mixed reviews from regular people as well. Now on second thought I don`t like it. I`ve ony been trying ro be a photographer for a couple of years so expirimentation is where it`s at. It`s comments like these that help me on my way.
    I took martial arts for awhile and learned that the flashy stuff does`nt work in real situations. Same for photography. Il`ll post the original in a few minutes and hopefully, through a comment or 2,I can learn.
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2006
    this is how it came out of the camera. resized to 800x600 in polyview at 75%
  • Options
    erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2006
    Well it's good to experiment. You won't learn what you can do unless you try it. Key thing is to take stock of what you did and sort through inputs you get.

In this particular case it does seem overprocessed but I think you are on to something with the colors. Maybe you can retain some aspect of that in your image.

Erich
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2006
    Thanks for your input elrich. I`ll play around and see what I come up with.
    Feel free to mess around with it.Post it and see what`s up.
  • Options
    erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2006
    Here's a version of this shot. I tried to retouch it based on what I think you were trying to go for.

50780570-L.jpg

I duplicated the base layer in Photoshop and selected "Multiply" as the blend mode. If you left it alone it would look too dark. I then used a mask and a brush to only bring as much of the layer as I could tell would help.

The shot you posted was a bit too sharp so I duplicated a layer and ran Gaussian blur on it. Again, I masked and used the brush (mainly with the trees in the background) to bring out as much as needed.

Final touch was some slight adjustment with curves....

Erich
  • Options
    DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2006
    i like the last one alot more. the first one all that color and the softness hurt my eyes *literally* to look at. it was making them strain. but without it it is quite a wonderful photographthumb.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com