Options

Installing an ATN file in Photoshop Elements?

jimfjimf Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
edited January 29, 2004 in Finishing School
I must be missing something...

I have Photoshop Elements, which came with my camera. While it has a pretty nice collection of filters, it's missing one (star filter) that I particularly want and I found a few others that would be useful too.

So I downloaded a handful of .atn files. According to the supplied documentation it appears I should only have to drop them into the "appropriate" plug-ins directory to have them recognized. I tried just dropping them into the "filters" directory, nada. I tried adding my own plug-ins directory, also nada. I poked around and found a bunch of .atn files inside the "preview" directory so I dropped the new ones into there, nada.

WTF am I missing?

Thanks for any help.

jim
jim frost
jimf@frostbytes.com

Comments

• Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2004
    jimf wrote:
    I must be missing something...
    You should just be able to drop them into C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2\Plug-Ins\Filters and start PE right up. I just tested and it worked fine.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson