Options

Guest password - did you mean it

mkpatilmkpatil Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
edited January 5, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I have setup a guest password for my account, but when I logon as guest (after clearing cache and all internet temp files) I am still able to go to 'control panel' change the go to customize page (change CSS for example), get to the password change screen for the primary user and everything. I was under the impression that guest password justs lets the guest upload, arrange and move just pictures.

Thanks,
Milind

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2006
    mkpatil wrote:
    I have setup a guest password for my account, but when I logon as guest (after clearing cache and all internet temp files) I am still able to go to 'control panel' change the go to customize page (change CSS for example), get to the password change screen for the primary user and everything. I was under the impression that guest password justs lets the guest upload, arrange and move just pictures.

Thanks,
    Milind

Hi Milind, please standby, we're looking into it...
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2006
    Hi Milind,

Try your guest password again. Logout, and log back in again with the guest password - ideally on a 2nd browser. If using same browser, clear your cookies first.
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Milind,

Try your guest password again. Logout, and log back in again with the guest password - ideally on a 2nd browser. If using same browser, clear your cookies first.

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your time, I tried but I am still able to get to the control panel (the button is still visible) from guest login, only difference I see (compared to primary password login) is that when I login as guest (after clearing the cookies) I see most of the fields as blank (example my address or email), but I am able to type in these fields and save them. I was expecting the control panel button to be invisible for guest login, just like the 'Edit Bio' hyperlink is missing on the main (home)page for guest login. I am able to get to the Bio page from Control panel -> account settings -> bio: change.

Thanks,
    Milind
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2006
    mkpatil wrote:
    Hi Andy,

Thank you for your time, I tried but I am still able to get to the control panel (the button is still visible) from guest login, only difference I see (compared to primary password login) is that when I login as guest (after clearing the cookies) I see most of the fields as blank (example my address or email), but I am able to type in these fields and save them. I was expecting the control panel button to be invisible for guest login, just like the 'Edit Bio' hyperlink is missing on the main (home)page for guest login. I am able to get to the Bio page from Control panel -> account settings -> bio: change.

Thanks,
    Milind

Andy,

Is it that the guest sees all these fields and all these setup pages that I am mentioning but when he/she saves changes nothing gets saved?

Thanks again,
    Mlilind
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2006
    mkpatil wrote:
    Andy,

Is it that the guest sees all these fields and all these setup pages that I am mentioning but when he/she saves changes nothing gets saved?

Thanks again,
    Mlilind

Correct.
  • Options
    edited January 5, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Correct.

Thanks that solves my issue.