Options

Check Print Sales?

peestandinguppeestandingup Registered Users Posts: 489 Major grins
edited January 5, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I dont charge any $ for my prints, so is it possible to see when someone orders prints from my site as well as exactly what prints they ordered, size, etc?

I suppose a slight workaround would be to charge like $0.01 for every print, then I could check my profits in the Pro section, but that would only give me limited info. Is that right? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2006
    I dont charge any $ for my prints, so is it possible to see when someone orders prints from my site as well as exactly what prints they ordered, size, etc?

I suppose a slight workaround would be to charge like $0.01 for every print, then I could check my profits in the Pro section, but that would only give me limited info. Is that right? Thanks.

Exactly - it's the only way to do it. More in my SmugBlog:

http://blogs.smugmug.com/pros/2005/07/19/tracking-at-cost-sales/
    http://blogs.smugmug.com/pros/2005/07/19/how-to-block-at-cost-sales/

Hope this helps!

All the best,
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 4, 2006
    Andy,

Is there a way, other than manually going through every photo to verify that photos have been priced. I have set my portfolio pricing but I have some indications that not all of my photos are getting priced. It would be really nice to be able to do a report to verify.

Doc
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    mkpatilmkpatil Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited January 5, 2006
    docwalker wrote:
    Andy,

Is there a way, other than manually going through every photo to verify that photos have been priced. I have set my portfolio pricing but I have some indications that not all of my photos are getting priced. It would be really nice to be able to do a report to verify.

Doc

I am sure Andy may have a better answer, but for this I would logout (clear cookies) and browse as an user without login and pretend to buy pictures. This will show me the final price.

Thanks,
    Milind
  • Options
    edited January 5, 2006
    docwalker wrote:
    Andy,

Doc

There is not a report. Portfolio pricing works as intended though. Any gallery for which you have NOT set pricing for the gallery, the portfolio pricing will default. The BEST way to check is to have a second browser (we LOVE Firefox) and be LOGGED OUT always on that browser. You can easily see how your site looks and acts to visitors and customers that way deal.gif
  • Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2006
    On this topic Andy, if I now go and set portfolio pricing to 1 cent above, will it change my current galleries that I have already marked up?
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    edited January 5, 2006
    JimM wrote:
    On this topic Andy, if I now go and set portfolio pricing to 1 cent above, will it change my current galleries that I have already marked up?

No, it will not change them.
  • Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    No, it will not change them.

Thanks.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos