Options

photos lost when uploaded with smugmug.py?

sitsit Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
Over Christmas, I was uploading some photos to a new album with smugmug.py (via XMLRPC). While these files were uploading, I was playing with the album settings and rotating some photos. Afterwards, it seemed that about 1/3rd of the photos I uploaded didn't make it into the gallery.

In correspondance with smugmug, it sounds like the missing photos were never received by smugmug even though smugmug.py reported at the end that all files were uploaded.

Has anyone else seen anything like this? This is the first time it happened to me after over a year of using smugmug.py.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2006
    sit wrote:
    Over Christmas, I was uploading some photos to a new album with smugmug.py (via XMLRPC). While these files were uploading, I was playing with the album settings and rotating some photos. Afterwards, it seemed that about 1/3rd of the photos I uploaded didn't make it into the gallery.

In correspondance with smugmug, it sounds like the missing photos were never received by smugmug even though smugmug.py reported at the end that all files were uploaded.

Has anyone else seen anything like this? This is the first time it happened to me after over a year of using smugmug.py.

You'll want to wait for Rutt, the developer. I'll holler for him for you :D
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2006
    This never happened for me either, though smugmug.py (officially sm_tool.py) isn't very good about checking error returns. I got a forward from Andy offering a version that is better at this, but it was at the height of the holiday madness and I didn't process it and now can't find it. Whoever has that version, give a holler.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    dominikdominik Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited January 7, 2006
    sit wrote:

I've seen something similar with Star*Explorer. Basically the return code on an upload, rather than being a 5696939 (number of some sort) is a /int>.

Star*Explorer does keep track that these don't upload and the others did, so I have to keep click the green button several times after each pass to successfully finish off an upload :-/

I am not sure what causes the failed uploads.

Edit:

I've tried Send to smugmug -- it works beautifully and has the advantage of letting you start many uploads in parallel... e.g. I can start uploading 2003-07-04, then make sure exifs are right in the next floor and concurrently start that one... whereas with S*E you can only upload in one big chunk.

I have yet to try sm_tool.py though. Where can I get the latest version?
    http://gate.chezrutt.com:8030/rutt/sm_tool/

That one dates from Apr 2005.