Universal changes to galleries

DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
edited August 2, 2004 in SmugMug Support
I'll be honest, I haven't explore very thoroughly on smugmug, but now that the number of galleries I have is growing, I was wondering if there is a way to make changes to them universally. For example, can I customize them all to make originals not available? This is a feature I always to into "customize" and change it to NO, default being YES. Sometimes I forget to do this, so I guess it would be nice to have the option of making one blanket change - or even just changing my default option for this.

Is it possible? thanks.
Erik
moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

Comments

• dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2004
    DoctorIt wrote:
    I'll be honest, I haven't explore very thoroughly on smugmug, but now that the number of galleries I have is growing, I was wondering if there is a way to make changes to them universally. For example, can I customize them all to make originals not available? This is a feature I always to into "customize" and change it to NO, default being YES. Sometimes I forget to do this, so I guess it would be nice to have the option of making one blanket change - or even just changing my default option for this.

Is it possible? thanks.

Good idea. That would save a lot of time. I'm currently re-organizing my site & the feature would be nice.

I've bought a 2nd smugmug account for my general pictures, and keeping my original as a pro account. The pro account was getting too cluttered and not very easy to navigate.

Dave
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited July 25, 2004
    dkapp wrote:
    Good idea. That would save a lot of time. I'm currently re-organizing my site & the feature would be nice.

I've bought a 2nd smugmug account for my general pictures, and keeping my original as a pro account. The pro account was getting too cluttered and not very easy to navigate.

Dave
    i was thinking maybe a pro account had more control - looks like a no on at least that particular aspect
    Erik

• PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2004
    DoctorIt wrote:

Is it possible? thanks.
    There were sooo many times I wish I had this feature. This is a truly golden suggestion. thumb.gif
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2004
    I'm glad I found this post first...
    DoctorIt wrote:

Is it possible? thanks.
    Because I was coming in here to make this very request. So Now I'll just add my vote for this feature. Thanx!
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited August 2, 2004
    Because I was coming in here to make this very request. So Now I'll just add my vote for this feature. Thanx!
    You're welcome... now we just need to get the attention of one of those dgrin guys. Is anyone on the IRC server chatting with them by any chance?
    Erik

• BenBen Vanilla Admin Posts: 513 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 2, 2004
    DoctorIt wrote:
    You're welcome... now we just need to get the attention of one of those dgrin guys. Is anyone on the IRC server chatting with them by any chance?
    I have to agree with the others, that it is a great suggestion. thumb.gif

We are looking into several options for this type of thing. We are always looking for new ways to make it easier to accomplish tasks on smugmug, to minimize the amount of time you have to spend "working" on your site. I will make sure the rest of the team sees the suggestion. Thanks!
    Smug since 2003