First Day With meh 828

FreeUpsFreeUps Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
edited August 3, 2004 in Landscapes
I finnnnally got myself a digital. I've been in a bind the past 3 months. I was getting by shooting film at a rate of around 3-4 rolls per week, but it was slowly eating away at my pocket, and of course I didn't have the $1000 to drop on an 828 with the students budget I'm on. I finally decided to grab a circuit city credit line and get myself the camera. Funny how you can walk into a store with a ball of lint in your pocket and walk out with $1,300 worth of camera equipment. I figure the monthy payment on this thing will average out to what I spent on film, so I think I made a good decision.

Watch the IRS show up in no time :bow

I was in the reflections mood. I was sad :cry that I didn't get the chance to participate in the challenge, so I figured I would dedicate my first day with the 828 to it. It was a short but very good time. Cant wait to learn the ins-and-outs and really devote some time to it.

A.D.I.D.A.S.
21194.jpg

And one without the product placement
21221.jpg

Empire
21227.jpg

And the full shabang
21232.jpg

Pia!
21435.jpg

There are plenty of anti-Bushers roaming the park, the approach this guy took was my fav. I love the woman in the SUV watching from behind.
21436.jpg

Lucky 7 on the dot.
21437.jpg

I dunno... two one-ways?
21438.jpg

This one kinda lacks originality, but it definately shows the detail the 8mp catches. A definate upgrade from the old 2.1 :lust
21439.jpg

I've been wanting to capture this sign for ages. Finally. I cant help but think of Zoolander.21440.jpg

Thanks for looking folks. I'm off to work for the rest of this long long day. Hopefully I can spend some time with the camera this week. Its a little more complicated than I expected. It'll be a fun learning experience.

Marshall
No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter

Comments

• ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2004
    Thanks for sharing. I can see you will enjoy this camera and contributing to this site.

Cheers

Tim
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2004
    FreeUps wrote:
    I finnnnally got myself a digital. I've been in a bind the past 3 months. I was getting by shooting film at a rate of around 3-4 rolls per week, but it was slowly eating away at my pocket, and of course I didn't have the $1000 to drop on an 828 with the students budget I'm on. I finally decided to grab a circuit city credit line and get myself the camera. Funny how you can walk into a store with a ball of lint in your pocket and walk out with $1,300 worth of camera equipment. I figure the monthy payment on this thing will average out to what I spent on film, so I think I made a good decision.

Watch the IRS show up in no time bowdown.gif

I was in the reflections mood. I was sad :cry that I didn't get the chance to participate in the challenge, so I figured I would dedicate my first day with the 828 to it. It was a short but very good time. Cant wait to learn the ins-and-outs and really devote some time to it.

A.D.I.D.A.S.

And one without the product placement

Empire

And the full shabang

Pia!

There are plenty of anti-Bushers roaming the park, the approach this guy took was my fav. I love the woman in the SUV watching from behind.

Lucky 7 on the dot.

I dunno... two one-ways?

This one kinda lacks originality, but it definately shows the detail the 8mp catches. A definate upgrade from the old 2.1 iloveyou.gif

I've been wanting to capture this sign for ages. Finally. I cant help but think of Zoolander.

Thanks for looking folks. I'm off to work for the rest of this long long day. Hopefully I can spend some time with the camera this week. Its a little more complicated than I expected. It'll be a fun learning experience.

Marshall
    Looks like this is gonna be a real nice camera Marshall.. The density or color and res look great. Looking forward to seeing more.
    Lynn:D
  • cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2004
    FreeUps wrote:

Watch the IRS show up in no time bowdown.gif

A.D.I.D.A.S.
    21194.jpg

Marshall
    Nice first set of shots. If you want to see how a reflection can be on topic... see my entry for this week.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2004
    the flatiron building & sony 828 tips link
    in the puddle, that's one of the best shots of the flatiron building i've seen in a loooong time.

congrats on a fine job.

here are some 828 tips you might find useful

and here's a pageful of relavent links and work by shay stephens
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2004
    FreeUps wrote:
    21194.jpg
    Marshall

clap.gif You have talent, my friend! That's a great shot of the flatiron. Congratulations on your new camera, it appears to be in good hands. I really look forward to your work.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2004
    I'm happy too with your new camera! thumb.gif Love the shots..favorite is the first one. (Lines and curves to me)