Options

SEX Sells?

Digital-PerfectionsDigital-Perfections Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited January 12, 2006 in Mind Your Own Business
I find it kind of sad that you can generate 500% more hit by simply retitling your gallery to include the word "Sex". I have created two galleries, Containg the same photos, on titled as "Most Popular" and the other "Sex, Sluts and Loose Women" . This make me want to retitle all my galleries!

Comments

• Options
    StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2006
    Sad indeed. Be careful, you might not want your name plastered over every search engine and tied to Sex, Sluts and Loose Women.:):
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2006
    I find it kind of sad that you can generate 500% more hit by simply retitling your gallery to include the word "Sex". I have created two galleries, Containg the same photos, on titled as "Most Popular" and the other "Sex, Sluts and Loose Women" . This make me want to retitle all my galleries!

It used to that just adding the word "FREE" to your meta tags and keywords was all you needed...but that doesn't seem to help anymore.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    sludge01sludge01 Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited January 12, 2006
    I can do you one better:

My blog (http://www.downwithtables.org) came up as the number one result on MSN UK for the search term "girls who love to strap and chain you down on to a table."

I found this out by looking at my traffic logs.

And no, my blog isn't about "girls who love to strap and chain you down on to a table," just so you know ;)
  • Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2006
    sludge01 wrote:
    I found this out by looking at my traffic logs.

And no, my blog isn't about "girls who love to strap and chain you down on to a table," just so you know ;)

Yeah, ok, isn't that the same as saying "but officer I swear I my speedometer said I was doing the speed limit. Something must be wrong with my car"
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2006
    Why?

Surely it's useless traffic, if your goal is to sell photos.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2006
    Useless traffic is a waste of time and resources. One is better off targeting traffic from qualified visitors if your interests lay beyond the impressiviness of server logs mwink.gif
    wxwax wrote:
    Why?

Surely it's useless traffic, if your goal is to sell photos.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2006
    Sounds like a great way to waste your bandwidth on viewers who truely aren't looking for what you have to offer. Hey its your bandwidth.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me