Options

iView Media Pro Tutorials

sebpaynesebpayne Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
edited January 30, 2006 in Finishing School
After fiddling around with Lightroom for a few days, I've decided to get back to iView Media Pro 3 for photo management as I can't sustain using a beta product which has bugs, features missing and is slow :):

Anyway, Can anyone point me in the direction of good tutorials iView Media Pro? I'm unsure of how to organise my photos. I wondering:

a.) Should I use a whole catalogue for my entire collection?
b.) Should I use a seperate catalogue for each shoot?
c.) Should I use a seperate catalogue for each calendar month?

My concern (as said before) with B and C is that I may end up loosing images and it means I am unable to keep track of the size of my entire collection. Is there a way to add 'catalogues inside catalogues' in iView (like shoots/collections in Lightroom) so if I have one catalogue, I can seperate it for different shoots.

Thanks Everyone

Comments

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2006
    There's a workflow whitepaper available for download here.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    dandilldandill Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2006
    sebpayne wrote:
    ... Can anyone point me in the direction of good tutorials iView Media Pro?
    I have just received my copy of The DAM Book. I am finding that it is an extraordinarily accessible and detailed tutorial on digital asset management using Adobe Brdige and iView Media Pro.

The book's website is here and its related software is here.

Dan
    Dan Dill

"It is a magical time. I am reluctant to leave. Yet the shooting becomes more difficult, the path back grows black as it is without this last light. I don't do it anymore unless my husband is with me, as I am still afraid of the dark, smile.

This was truly last light, my legs were tired, my husband could no longer read and was anxious to leave, but the magic and I, we lingered........"
    Ginger Jones
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2006
    dandill wrote:
    I have just received my copy of The DAM Book. I am finding that it is an extraordinarily accessible and detailed tutorial on digital asset management using Adobe Brdige and iView Media Pro.

Dan

Ooooh. Cool.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2006
    Book Pool
    Check out BOOK POOL for ordering photo and computer books usually a large discount over B/N (members discount) or any others I have found so far.

For the dam book - $21.95 [a savings of 13.00]...link : http://www.bookpool.com/ss?qs=Dam+Book&x=25&y=7

there is over 200 listings under photoshop.....Dans lab book is $20.00 off the list price.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited January 13, 2006
    ART SCOTT wrote:
    Check out BOOK POOL for ordering photo and computer books usually a large discount over B/N
    See also NerdBooks.com---48% off = US $18.17 for The DAM Book!
    Dan Dill

"It is a magical time. I am reluctant to leave. Yet the shooting becomes more difficult, the path back grows black as it is without this last light. I don't do it anymore unless my husband is with me, as I am still afraid of the dark, smile.

This was truly last light, my legs were tired, my husband could no longer read and was anxious to leave, but the magic and I, we lingered........"
    Ginger Jones
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2006
    dandill wrote:

Ok nerd books has Dan's lab book $4.00 cheaper than Bookpool...both worth a lookclap.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited January 13, 2006
    dandill wrote:

Look if you guys want the DAM book, then just go ahead and buy the DAM book!
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2006
    dandill wrote:

That book rocks. Everyone should read it.
  • Options
    edited January 14, 2006
    I just ordered the DAM book. It better be DAM good, or I'll be DAM disappointed.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited January 14, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    I just ordered the DAM book. It better be DAM good, or I'll be DAM disappointed.
    It is, and you wont ;-)
    Dan Dill

Ginger Jones
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2006
    dandill wrote:

Dan

Hi Dan,

How about writing a bit longer (paragraph) review, and PM it to me and I will make this a review on our dgrin.smugmug.com site thumb.gif
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2006
    I was hoping for a review on iView Media Pro 3
    Still having trouble finding photos I need to
    Looking at iView Media Pro 3 and iMatch
    I have a few questions :D

Thanks
    Fred
  • Options
    edited January 21, 2006
    dandill wrote:
    It is, and you wont ;-)

dandill,

I got the book, I'm about 70 pages into it, and so far, I am far from disappointed. I'm actually pretty excited about it.

What I am disappointed about is the DAM review. Are you going to write that DAM review? We were really hoping you would, it would be a DAM good thing to have up on our reviews page.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited January 22, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    dandill, ... What I am disappointed about is the DAM review.
    Done: http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/1146395
    Dan Dill

Ginger Jones
  • Options
    edited January 22, 2006
    dandill wrote:

Yep, it's done, and it''s fantastic. I started a discussion thread for the review here.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    peterkroghpeterkrogh Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 30, 2006
    Man, you guys remind me of Bart Simpson,
    DAM, DAM, DAM, DAM, DAM

Seriously, thanks for the props. It's nice to see that all that work is paying off for my fellow photographers.

Peter Krogh
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2006
    peterkrogh wrote:
    DAM, DAM, DAM, DAM, DAM

Seriously, thanks for the props. It's nice to see that all that work is paying off for my fellow photographers.

Peter Krogh

Aye, Carumba!

It's Peter Krogh!

heheh.

Welcome, yeah the hard work paid off, IMO. Hope you stick around and join in the discussions! thumb.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2006
    peterkrogh wrote:
    DAM, DAM, DAM, DAM, DAM

Peter Krogh
    wave.gif Welcome to Dgrin, Peter :D We've been having a blast discussing your book. Thanks for dropping by!