Options

should I keep 2 filters on?

kapaluakapalua Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
edited January 18, 2006 in Technique
I use a uv filter for haze reduction and lens protection, I also have a circular polarizer for those bright days to reduce glare or for landscape photography and to add some pop to the colors. Would leaving BOTH filters on the lens at all times create any problems or loss of image quality? Or should I take the UV filter off when using the polarizer? Experienced photographers, please give me some advice. thanks!

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2006
    Hi Kapalua

I recommend using a filter only when needed. I don't recommend a UV filter for lens protection, but rather, use your lens hood all the time, and be careful. I do recommend a filter when at the beach, or other dusty type environment. Of course, certain applications or conditions call for filters - and by all means, use them then!

Go naked - you'll be happier!

deal.gif
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2006
    Make it personal
    Should I wear safety glasses for protecting my eyes and on top of that wear dark sunglasses at all times? Will that affect my ability to see? Will it impede any activities I want to engage in?

It is amazing how similar cameras are to eyes mwink.gif
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie