Super-charged !!!!!!!!!!!!

cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
edited August 8, 2004 in The Big Picture
Folks;
This Sunday I will have my first gig as a pro-photographer. I will be the 2nd shooter for the primary at a wedding. Don't know how much moolah I will get but whatever it is, is ok.

:smile6smilebanana.gif

Nervous? Hell yea!

Advice of any kind is very very welcome :scratch
Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph

Comments

• ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2004
    cmr164 wrote:
    Folks;
    This Sunday I will have my first gig as a pro-photographer. I will be the 2nd shooter for the primary at a wedding. Don't know how much moolah I will get but whatever it is, is ok.

biggrinbounce2.gifsmilebanana.gif

Nervous? Hell yea!

Advice of any kind is very very welcome headscratch.gif

Congratulations, Charles!

As long as you aren't in charge of shooting the couple coming down the aisle, don't see how you can go wrong.
    And you couldn't be more nervous than the groom. If you should get married by accident, let us know. Try not to say, "I do".

My advice would be "be prepared" and have lots of memory. I am not a wedding photographer, my husband was. I watched, huh, I backed him up at my daughter's wedding, he did color, I did black and white (at the reception).
    Then at my son's wedding, they had a friend who is still shooting weddings, Bill is not, I "backed" him up. No one knew, no one cared, and I will never do it again. HUH! Got some good photos, though.

I can't hear, so no conversation, am not a good dancer, can't hear, lol. So I love the photo gigs, as long as it is not life and death. The only life and death I know of at a wedding is the coming down the aisle shot. I would try to not be the person doing that one. rolleyes1.gif

Congratulations, enjoy yourself.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2004
    cmr164 wrote:
    Folks;

biggrinbounce2.gifsmilebanana.gif

Nervous? Hell yea!

Advice of any kind is very very welcome headscratch.gif

clap.gif Congratulations, Charles!

Advice? I shot the baptism of a friend's baby. I learned: plan what you're likely to shoot beforehand, and figure out the best lens to capture it (I got caught with a short lens when I needed a long one, for the actual baptism); make sure you know the light levels and how to get a fast enough shutter speed; anticipate what people are about to do so that you're ready to shoot when they do the good thing; find out if it's OK to move around; nothing better than a tight head shot with narrow depth of field.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    clap.gif Congratulations, Charles!

Advice? I shot the baptism of a friend's baby. I learned: plan what you're likely to shoot beforehand, and figure out the best lens to capture it (I got caught with a short lens when I needed a long one, for the actual baptism); make sure you know the light levels and how to get a fast enough shutter speed; anticipate what people are about to do so that you're ready to shoot when they do the good thing; find out if it's OK to move around; nothing better than a tight head shot with narrow depth of field.
    I am planning to take the 24-70 as the primary lens and add the 70-200IS and the 17-35. I will bring a 4G card and a 1G card and start out shooting raw. If the 4G fills, I will put in the 1G and switch to jpeg. I will bring the
    420ex flash but the pro wants to outfit me with one of her pro flashes. I know there are some sync issues with non 'EX' flashes on the 1DMII so any suggestions there are also welcome.
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I can't hear, so no conversation, am not a good dancer, can't hear, lol. So I love the photo gigs, as long as it is not life and death. The only life and death I know of at a wedding is the coming down the aisle shot. I would try to not be the person doing that one
    Thanks ginger. I am pretty sure I will not be primary for the critical shots
    Pissed.gif
  • cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2004
    Update: My 2nd pro request came in last night to do a set of photos for the band I shot here. Again I am sure little money but the credits are cool.
  • mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2004
    Congrats!
    cmr164 wrote:
    Update: My 2nd pro request came in last night... (snip) Again I am sure little money but the credits are cool.

Congrats! Kinda feels neat when someone wants to pay you for your photography, huh? I'm in the same spot you are in, with a few ones under my belt, not much money, but learning a lot and having fun at it.

Good luck with the wedding. Stay cool, and let the pro handle the critical shots. :) With the band, have fun, get some good shots, and have a brew when it's all over. :)
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu