Options

Wacom Graphire3 vs. Intuos3

robscomputerrobscomputer Registered Users Posts: 326 Major grins
edited January 18, 2006 in Digital Darkroom
Hi,

I'm looking for a larger Wacom tablet, currently I'm using an older Graphire 4x5 which is a few years old. It's nice but at times the space is too small for precise work.

Checking Wacom's site I find they have two models, the Graphire series and the Intuos series. While I would like a 6x8 size tablet, I do not know the benefit of using the Intuos series over the Graphire. The only different I see is the increased levels, 512 vs. 1024, and side buttons. The price is about $220 vs. $320 and not sure if it's worth the difference in price.

Any comments are very helpful.

Thanks,
Rob
Enjoying photography since 1980.

Comments

• Options
    colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2006
    The thicker, rubberized stylus that comes with the Intous is more comfortable for all-day use, though the Graphire stylus is fine for occasional use. The Intous has programmable tablet buttons but I don't use them that much.

When I was thinking about upgrading from a Graphire to an Intous, I came across this article which I can now say represents my experiences as well. I can live with the Graphire but the Intous does have a better, more accurate feel to it.