Options

enable/disable right-click protection?

sonny_csonny_c Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
edited January 20, 2006 in SmugMug Support
All my galleries are right-click protected. Is there a way to disable right-click protection ONLY on my subscribed proffesional account.

I'm use my smugmug account to show my photos on other forums. Everytime I need the URL of a photo, I go into the gallery disable right-click protection, get the url, and finally enable right-click protection when I exit.

Thanks,
Sonny

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2006
    sonny_c wrote:
    All my galleries are right-click protected. Is there a way to disable right-click protection ONLY on my subscribed proffesional account.

I'm use my smugmug account to show my photos on other forums. Everytime I need the URL of a photo, I go into the gallery disable right-click protection, get the url, and finally enable right-click protection when I exit.

Thanks,
    Sonny

Hi Sonny,

You don't need to change anything about right-click protect - you can simply turn on "easy sharing" in your gallery tools>customize gallery settings. You then get a nice button/link to click on, and when you do so, you have the links available for sharing:
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2006
    BTW - once you link the photo to the outside world, via a forum, by embedding it, you've now made that photo freely available becuase it's displayed in the forum.. - just making sure you know that.
  • Options
    sonny_csonny_c Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    BTW - once you link the photo to the outside world, via a forum, by embedding it, you've now made that photo freely available becuase it's displayed in the forum.. - just making sure you know that.

So true...that did not even occur to me. Thanks for the help & the info.
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    And people can also directly look at that link and right-click without any protection. :cry
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2006
    After reading numerous threads about the workaround to the right-click protection via the "Easy Sharing" option. I would like to suggest that at least a note or a warning on this help page:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/protecting-images

I would add something to the "Image protection" section like the following:
    Note: If "Easy Sharing" is enabled, it is still possible for a user to save images from the album. See Blocking Sharing below.
    Good work on a very customizable product. I've been searching for something like this for over a year now. thumb.gif
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!