How hard is it to sell camera gear here?

bennetbennet Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
edited January 23, 2006 in The Kitchen Sink
Hey guys, I was wondering how hard is it to sell camera gears here? Because I'm about to put up a brand new Canon 1D Mark II "N" version for sale. It's going to be about almost $500 cheaper than retail price and if you live locally, I will even give you an extra discount.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2006
    wave.gif Welcome to Dgrin! The flea market is great. Provide some references and creds and you should have no troubles! Photos of the gear help, too.
  • bennetbennet Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited January 21, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    wave.gif Welcome to Dgrin! The flea market is great. Provide some references and creds and you should have no troubles! Photos of the gear help, too.

Thanks for you reply Andy. This will be my first camera gear sell in forum but I do sell computer parts at other forums and I have an Admin can vouch for my trustworthiness. And usually, if I bought or sold an item, we'll have this system called heatware to provide users feedbacks. Well, I hope my camera will come in sometimes this coming up week and I'll post my deal and my personal contact information if any of you guys are interested.
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 21, 2006
    bennet wrote:
    Thanks for you reply Andy. This will be my first camera gear sell in forum but I do sell computer parts at other forums and I have an Admin can vouch for my trustworthiness. And usually, if I bought or sold an item, we'll have this system called heatware to provide users feedbacks. Well, I hope my camera will come in sometimes this coming up week and I'll post my deal and my personal contact information if any of you guys are interested.
    Bennet, please read the flea market guidelines here to help you with what our forum readers expect in a FS ad and post away.

thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2006
    Also, and I may be speaking the unspeakable, but you could also check fredmiranda.com's buy and sell forum.
    edited January 21, 2006
    Thanks everyone for the inputs and surely I will check out the FM.
  • photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2006
    bennet wrote:
    ...and if you live locally, I will even give you an extra discount.

BTW, when you post, if you say "live locally", be sure to say where "local" is in the text of the ad (os readers don't have to look it up in your profile, and newer DGrin'ers might not even realize they can look that up).
    Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
    Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
    Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...

• robscomputerrobscomputer Registered Users Posts: 326 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2006
    I have bought and sold a few items here on Dgrin. I find the buyers are much easier to deal with than on eBay, typically I have received the payment in the same day. Also buying items here has been great as well. I bought my 10D, and other lenses.

A word of advice, make sure to price your items according to market value. Just search Dgrin and FM then price in that range, usually will sell in a week or so.

Rob
    Enjoying photography since 1980.
    edited January 23, 2006
    Thanks for your replies guys, I really appreciate it. I hope to get my camera soon and make my first camera FS post here and there. Once again, thank you very much.