Options

Intro to Photography books??

RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
edited January 24, 2006 in Technique
I'm looking for a good series of books to get me into the nitty gritty of photography. I've been into photography for about a year, but have never learned all of the technical aspects of it. (F-Stops, Apetures, etc...) I'm looking for something that is easy to understand at first, butis very aplicable.

A search of Amazon for Photography turns up over ten thousand results! So I obviously need a little guidance! Lol

One series that I know is very popular is the Ansel Adams series The Camera, The Negative, The Print. I know it would be a little outdated in this digital world, but I don't even understand the basics of photography yet, so that may not be a big issue.

But maybe this series gets TOO technical for what I need at this point. Anyway, I figured what better place to ask for some advice than here!! So any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated!

L8er
Rhuarc

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    One I like very much is right in our reviews section. Click on the graphic below to see it naughty.gif :

53724185-L-0.jpg

It's called "Understanding Exposure"
  • Options
    4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    "Photography" by Barbara London and John Upton is great book to start out with when you don't know the basics.I am always going back to it...
  • Options
    PoindexterPoindexter Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    15524779-Ti.gif that is one I return to all the time.
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 24, 2006
    4labs wrote:
    "Photography" by Barbara London and John Upton is great book to start out with when you don't know the basics.I am always going back to it...
    You, ah, want to do a review on that one and add it to the list?
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited January 24, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    One I like very much is right in our reviews section. Click on the graphic below to see it naughty.gif :

53724185-L-0.jpg

It's called "Understanding Exposure"

My God we have a book review section? How could I miss this? Thanks Andy. I'm running out to get "Not a beginner..."
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    i always get try to get second hand magzines clap.gif i choose in shop and pay about 1$ the Hot one is "Digital Photographer" Black and White
    and Photography monthly
    But everything is also availabale online !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery