Options

Photojournalism guidance, please

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited January 27, 2006 in Dgrin Forum Support
It often doesn't neatly fit into one of the categories. Is it street? Is it people? Is it other cool things? I think it deserves it's own forum, but I'd be happy if one of the fora said "photojournalism". Gubbs has Weegee and HCB listed as inspirations, so that's PJ for sure, isn't it? But those guys were great people photgraphers.

Maybe it doesn't really matter. Maybe we don't really want it?

Guidance is good.
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 26, 2006
    I think for most cases, people or field and street do the trick for PJ shots, but you're right, PJ is a pretty unique and important category of photography.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2006
    Man rutt sometimes you over think things lol3.gif

Put your shots where you think they fit best. Street photography includes people, sometimes people photography includes street work deal.gif
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2006
    I know I overthink. I basically just flip a coin and try to put it where I think the most people will look. Since I do overthink, I was hoping you'd do it for me and then I wouldn't have to overthink everytime.
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2006
    rutt wrote:
    I know I overthink. I basically just flip a coin and try to put it where I think the most people will look. Since I do overthink, I was hoping you'd do it for me and then I wouldn't have to overthink everytime.

Thinking is hard. Reading is hard.
    I fixed your problem for you. How's that for speed? lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2006
    Oh thank you, Feerless Leader. Since the inspiration thread has a reference to Weegee, it had to be the right choice. Now it needs a referece to Bouke-White...
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited January 27, 2006
    I just noticed that you are now advertising for Lucky Strike. Do you really want to shill for the tobacco companies, John??!! eek7.gifD:D
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2006
    rutt wrote:

Rutt,

That doesn't make any sense. I mean really, if we took away this one thing for you to overthink, don't you think that you'd find something else to overthink in a heartbeat? I mean, think about it...
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 27, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    Rutt,

That doesn't make any sense. I mean really, if we took away this one thing for you to overthink, don't you think that you'd find something else to overthink in a heartbeat? I mean, think about it...

in a heartbeat? i dunno...i would think that you would overthink about what to overthink about.
    Pedal faster