DaniDani Registered Users Posts: 807 Major grins
edited January 29, 2006 in Holy Macro
I've been teaching myself how to cook :hotfood :D

CRW_4914-vi.jpg

CRW_4923-vi.jpg

CRW_4927-vi.jpg

CRW_4929-vi.jpg
Dani

20D | 300D-IR | EF-S 10-22 | EF-S 18-55 | 50 f/1.8 II | 70-200 f/4L | 17-40L | Lensbaby 2.0 | 250D | 550ex | Gitzo 1257 | RRS BH-40 | RRS L-plates

The Blog | The Photos

Comments

• Options
    DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    :cheeburga
    feel free to come over any time and make that Kielbasa or asparagus:eat

:D
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    iloveyou.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    Looks like AJ will start packing on the pounds:eat :D

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    Where's the recipe
    For the sweet potatoes, bacon and spinach? Yum!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    You better get some expandable waist pants for AJ lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2006
    Thanks everyone!!!

Dee... recipe below... I got it out of Traditional Home
    Dee wrote:
    For the sweet potatoes, bacon and spinach? Yum!

for 6-8 servings

4lb peeled sweet potato, cut into 1-1/2" chunks
    1/3 cup packed brown sugar
    1 cup unsalted butter
    1 tbsp snipped fresh sage
    1 tbsp salt
    2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    3/4 lb thick sliced bacon
    8 oz fresh baby spinach

Preheat oven to 400*F. Combine potato chunks and brown sugar in large mixing bowl. In medium skillet heat butter over low heat until it turns a 'delicate brown'. Remove from heat. Stir in sage, salt, thyme and pepper. Pour mix over potatoes and toss to coat. Transfer to large roasting pan. Roast uncovered in 400*F oven for 40-50 minutes until potatoes are tender. Stir during roasting.

While potatoes roast, stack bacon and cut crosswise into 1/2 inch pieces. Cook bacon over medium heat until crisp then drain on paper towels.

When potatoes are done, remove pan from oven and stir in bacon pieces and baby spinach (until spinach wilts). Transfer to warm platter and serve immediately.

If anyone wants the asparagus recipe... just preheat oven to 400, preheat cookie sheet for 5 minutes. In large bowl mix 1 tbsp of xtra virgin olive oil and 1/2 tbsp of italian seasoning, pinch of salt and pinch of pepper. Add in some fresh asparagus and toss it around till somewhat coated. Lay asparagus out on preheated pan and roast in oven, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes. When done, sprinkle with parmesian cheese.

for the rest of the recipes go here! http://www.countryhome.com/feb2006/currentissue/secretsforsuppers.htm
    Dani

20D | 300D-IR | EF-S 10-22 | EF-S 18-55 | 50 f/1.8 II | 70-200 f/4L | 17-40L | Lensbaby 2.0 | 250D | 550ex | Gitzo 1257 | RRS BH-40 | RRS L-plates

The Blog | The Photos
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,216 moderator
    edited January 28, 2006
    I just ate dinner, but...
    ...looking at those delicious food photos I am hungry again. Dani, would you mind sending some of that to all the moderators?

Andy took two hours to respond to this food thread? Wow. That's a new record low I think - and he's the 5th to respond - not 1st. And "food" is in the thread title twice. I must re-adjust my custom Food Notification Script I wrote for Andy last year, as clearly it doesn't work as fast as initially envisioned.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    Dani? What Times Dinner?
    Dani wrote:
    I've been teaching myself how to cook 10944573-Ti.gif:D

So is that what Love does to a person??? mwink.gif makes them learn new things :D wow your learning extremely well by the looks of those dishes......what time do we need to be over there for the next meal? :D
    Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    Oh my....
    Not only did that look good, but after reading the recipe I know it must have tasted good!

Oh, those cup of butter days are long over. I'm going to see what I can do to make that a little more low fat though because it really looks and sounds like it's really tasty!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the recipe.

BTW, your food photos are obviously very good too, everyone must be salivating! Excellent photos -- food is difficult to photograph, and you've done an excellent job and made it look so yummy!
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    Great cooking there dani thumb.gif & photography.

Being somewhat a gourmet chef myself i know your passion. I have a lot of recipes from (cough) a place i know ..i recon you would know it also. I do most of the cooking here so lucky guswife likes currys.

I have a chicken soup recipe so good that it could start a war & a banana bread that i make weekly. Let me know & i will be happy to PM them to you. Both very simple.

Gus
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    Nice shots !
    I love to Eat and cook and shoot :):
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2006
    I know!!! Maybe he's sick or something???? That was quite dissapointing... rolleyes1.gif
    David_S85 wrote:
    Andy took two hours to respond to this food thread? Wow. That's a new record low I think - and he's the 5th to respond - not 1st. And "food" is in the thread title twice. I must re-adjust my custom Food Notification Script I wrote for Andy last year, as clearly it doesn't work as fast as initially envisioned.
    Dani

The Blog | The Photos
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2006
    yup!!!! I'm doing all kinds of things I never dreamed I'd be doing.. and loving it all!!!! iloveyou.gif

Thanks Skippy
    Skippy wrote:
    So is that what Love does to a person??? mwink.gif makes them learn new things :D wow your learning extremely well by the looks of those dishes......what time do we need to be over there for the next meal? :D
    Skippy (Australia)
    Dani

The Blog | The Photos
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2006
    Thanks Dee!

I'm pretty sure I saw low-fat unsalted butter too. I'm betting you could cut that amount in half too though... I only used 1/2 cup and it was way more than enough..
    Dee wrote:
    Not only did that look good, but after reading the recipe I know it must have tasted good!

Oh, those cup of butter days are long over. I'm going to see what I can do to make that a little more low fat though because it really looks and sounds like it's really tasty!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the recipe.

BTW, your food photos are obviously very good too, everyone must be salivating! Excellent photos -- food is difficult to photograph, and you've done an excellent job and made it look so yummy!
    Dani

The Blog | The Photos
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2006
    Thanks Gus!!! and yes please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! clap.gif
    Humungus wrote:
    Great cooking there dani thumb.gif & photography.

Being somewhat a gourmet chef myself i know your passion. I have a lot of recipes from (cough) a place i know ..i recon you would know it also. I do most of the cooking here so lucky guswife likes currys.

I have a chicken soup recipe so good that it could start a war & a banana bread that i make weekly. Let me know & i will be happy to PM them to you. Both very simple.

Gus
    Dani

The Blog | The Photos
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2006
    Thanks Awais!
    Nice shots !
    I love to Eat and cook and shoot :):
    Dani

The Blog | The Photos
  • Options
    ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    You go Dani!!!!! All your meals look wonderful, presentation, presentationthumb.gif

Enjoy yourself. Oh and like good glass, buy the best cooking equipment you can afford, it pays. A well seasoned cast iron skilet is a wonder and makes a great weapon:D Three cheers for you Daniclap.gifclapclap.gif