Options

Firefox posting problem

jlhurdjlhurd Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited January 31, 2006 in Dgrin Forum Support
I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.1 on Windows XP SP2 on a Dell Latitude D800. Just starting yesterday, whenever I try to post in Firefox, I cannot press the buttons in the fancy posting box which I am typing in now. The text boxes work fine, as well as the radio boxes for the Post Icons. However, the buttons directly above this text box will not depress. Neither will the combo boxes for the font. There is no mouse-over effects either. When I press the buttons nothing happens. It makes posting rather troublesome. Right now I'm getting by just typing in the vB code. I can also get by using IE (the buttons work fine there), but that is a rather drastic and unwelcome alternative. I'd rather type in vB code than use IE. Am I being clear? Any ideas? Thanks
Canon S50 for the fun stuff, Olympus OM-4T for the serious stuff.
My SmugMug

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2006
    jlhurd wrote:
    I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.1 on Windows XP SP2 on a Dell Latitude D800. Just starting yesterday, whenever I try to post in Firefox, I cannot press the buttons in the fancy posting box which I am typing in now. The text boxes work fine, as well as the radio boxes for the Post Icons. However, the buttons directly above this text box will not depress. Neither will the combo boxes for the font. There is no mouse-over effects either. When I press the buttons nothing happens. It makes posting rather troublesome. Right now I'm getting by just typing in the vB code. I can also get by using IE (the buttons work fine there), but that is a rather drastic and unwelcome alternative. I'd rather type in vB code than use IE. Am I being clear? Any ideas? Thanks

Hi. This happens, occasionally. We don't know why. Clear your cookies and your cache, quit and restart FF. Double sure check that you don't have cookies blocked on this site. Really.
  • Options
    jlhurdjlhurd Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited January 30, 2006
    Thanks - That fixed it.
    Canon S50 for the fun stuff, Olympus OM-4T for the serious stuff.
    My SmugMug
  • Options
    cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi. This happens, occasionally. We don't know why. Clear your cookies and your cache, quit and restart FF. Double sure check that you don't have cookies blocked on this site. Really.
    I've run into this from time to time on mac and linux, one common culprit is to try to start using the form before all the icon images are fully downloaded. Just waiting a split second for everything to load on those rare occasions when your cached copies are being invalidated is usually enough to avoid the problem. (it's indemic to vBulletin, not specific to dgrin.) A full (and patient) reload via shift-reload usually does the trick.
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/