Options

Warbird Pilot

dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
edited August 16, 2004 in People
I took over 120 shots at this show, this has to be my favorite...

7338116-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2004
    I like this a lot very well done. Awesome reflection!thumb.gif
    Tim
  • Options
    SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2004
    You have over 120...and posted only one?

Why?

:D
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2004
    SeeMoon wrote:
    You have over 120...and posted only one?

Why?

:D
    Going through them as we speak. Deleting the ones that are out of focus or just plain bad. :)

More to come...

Doug
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited August 15, 2004
    7338116-S.jpg
    dugmar wrote:
    I took over 120 shots at this show, this has to be my favorite...
    I think I saw this same airplane last summer, but without the shiny Spinner

7345875-M.jpg

I love airshows1drink.gif I have posted several frames I shot over the last two years. Some of them are here http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=1979&highlight=birds
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2004
    Can you guys spot me? I tried to blend in as best I could, kinda tough with the 360 degree reflection.

Doug
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2004
    dugmar wrote:
    Can you guys spot me? I tried to blend in as best I could, kinda tough with the 360 degree reflection.

Doug
    You're the Man in Black, right? Did you use a wide angle lens or is that just due to the convex mirror of the prop spinner?

• Options
    edited August 15, 2004
    pathfinder wrote:
    You're the Man in Black, right? Did you use a wide angle lens or is that just due to the convex mirror of the prop spinner?
    Nope!
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2004
    pathfinder wrote:
    I think I saw this same airplane last summer, but without the shiny Spinner

I love airshows1drink.gif I have posted several frames I shot over the last two years. Some of them are here http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=1979&highlight=birds
    Nice shots. They had the same Sky Raider at this show, "Naked Fanny". He must do the air show circuit. They must have let you get a lot closer to the action at the show you were attending. I was shooting with a 400mm lens and I couldn't get action shots like yours if I wanted to. The area where the planes were flying had the worst lighting, I was facing due south, right into the sun. The sides of the planes facing the crowd were all in the shadows.

I have posted a bunch more here:
    http://dugmar.smugmug.com/Airplanes

Doug
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2004
    dugmar wrote:
    Nice shots. They had the same Sky Raider at this show, "Naked Fanny". He must do the air show circuit. They must have let you get a lot closer to the action at the show you were attending. I was shooting with a 400mm lens and I couldn't get action shots like yours if I wanted to. The area where the planes were flying had the worst lighting, I was facing due south, right into the sun. The sides of the planes facing the crowd were all in the shadows.

I have posted a bunch more here:
    http://dugmar.smugmug.com/Airplanes

Doug
    All of my shots this summer were with a 100-400 Canon - almost all at 400. The images have been cropped slightly, but I tried to fill the frame as much as I could. It was pretty overcast the day of the show - it rained Right before the f-16 flw for about 20 minutes - hence the visibility of the condensation over the wings in a high speed turn. Air shows are great fun, I agree. I especially like the war birds.

I noticed that Naked Fanny in the image on your Smugmug site has several empty wing bomb mounting hard points - Whenever I have seen her, she always has had a full complement of bomblets. Did they do the Tora,Tora, Tora Show in New England? I ennjoyed seeing all the Zero's in the air here.

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited August 16, 2004
    Cool shots! I wish I could have been there, its only 40 minutes from my house. Damn weddings. umph.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]